Frustrated to no end I feel like giving up.

It seems like all the good writers who try to write a decent story don't ever get any attention but the horrid stories always do. Now I'm not saying that they are all bad because some of the stories on the What's hot list are actually pretty good but I would like to see some of the writers who have tremendously good stories on here get to the top.

I'm not saying my stories are tremendously good, I know they need a lot of work but I'm not going to be modest at all and say that it isn't better than half of the stories on here because it is. And yet I don't get more than ten reads if even that on a chapter. While a story like this:

Chapter 1 "He is so hot!" I said. "Yes he is!" Lisa, my friend said back.

and by Chapter 2: "I love you," he said to me. "I love you too." I said giving him a big kiss on the lips.

Gets all the votes and reads. And the comments make me roll on the floor laughing because they usually say stuff like "that was so amazing" and I'm like where in that five sentence chapter was that garbage amazing. I just don't get it. And I've tried advertising which is like pointless in my case because every time I go on the r4r column, I do my part but what do I get? Absolutely nothing in return and I'm so frigging tired of it.

Something has got to give. I'm going to try to tough it out, continue to promote other's stories who are actually good enough to actually get published one day, and be as genuine as possible because I don't like the r4r thing and I think it is selfish and I would rather get my reads from readers just happening to fall upon it than by me forcing them to. It sucks to be at the bottom but that's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Rant Courtesy of Gleeker4Life