What the Hell is With All These Romances?

Why the fudge is everybody all over romance right now? And the content? OMG, it should not be rated PG-13 people!!! teengirl14 for example. I started reading one of her stories and went "WTF?!? No way am I reading this!" By the way WTF means what the frack in my language. and there are so many teen romances that take places in high school I've just had enough of it! And Vampire and Werewolf romance. this Justin beiber werewolf romance stuff? total and utter crapoli in a can! Why does anybody even read this stuff?

Can nobody write a straight and narrow adventure novel? Or even just a new type of romance, SOMEHTING!!  I will go insane if I read another "OMG, I'm so torn between two guys, what do I do?" Why not have the guy be torn between two girls! take BadLuck's book whatever it's called. that there is an excellent book. Well written, developed well, and an interesting kind of romance that I had yet to read about.

I'm writing a fantasy book called Static and it doesn't even register on the romance what's hot thing. It has like over 300,000 books in the genre. When are people going to get the message to chose a different genre to write in? Have romance be a minor theme and something like sci-fi be the main theme. Is that really so hard? Humanity is not very smart. I'm not very smart. but I know enough not to write a straight out fantasy book. that would be the one thing you do to get your book totally unnoticed.

You know how things that re different stand out? Well that's why I'm not writing total romance poop! I'm writing different stuff so that people will go "ooh, a different looking book I want to read that!"  

And romance is all the same!! Either one of them dies, it just doesn't work, or it's a happy ending. *GAG* who would want to read that over and over again? not me! So all you people who can stomach that kind of content and amount of romance, I take my hat off to you.

Rant Courtesy of KaitofScottland