Hating the Hate: Why All the Name Calling?

I hate it when people judge others based on prejudice and stereotypes.  It just pisses me off so much!  Is it really that hard to look past the exterior?  One time, my friend and I saw a man walking down the sidewalk toward us. He was just minding his own business and passed us without any harm.  I'll admit, he did look scruffy and dingy, but was that any reason for my friend to make fun of him?  I was so angry with her I didn't look at her and barely talked to her.  The only reason I did was to tell her off.  Anyone care to enlighten me on why people discriminate against others? It's not funny, and I don't like it.  Why is it so hard for people to just look around them and see everyone for who they are: people?  This is directly related to bullying. Bullying of the worst kind, as everyone knows, can lead to death, in many forms.  Were they thinking: Let's bully someone until we kill them because they're different and we don't like different!?  God. Would you like that to happen to you? Golden rule people (whether your Catholic or otherwise): Do unto others as you would want done unto you.  Easy message: Treat others as you want to be treated!  Do you want to by bullied until you f***ing die?!  I sure hope not!  Just because they are different doesn't mean they're bad or whatever goes no through the prejudices minds. We're all human.  We all have feelings.  We are one and the same.

Rant is Courtesy of SilentDream