Read For Reads- Part 4

Read for Reads. I'm sure someone has already covered this, but hey, it annoys people on different levels. Some people get ticked off when the read-for-readers don't do their side of the deal - I got ticked off because one of them didn't even give my book a try. I had read most of her book because I both honestly liked it enough to go further than the first chapter and because I really needed reads and feedback on my book. I usually read the first part and if I like it, I go on. And I know it's like that for a lot of other people. If they like it, they go on.

All I ask is that they give my prologue a try. If they like it, no one's stopping them to go on. But this girl only read my Author's Note. Wtf? What is that even supposed to do? It may be petty, but I only ask for them to try my prologue. PROLOGUE. ONLY ONE PAGE. If they don't like it, I'm okay with that. I'm flexible. I can deal with that. But if they don't even take the time to read one more page and tell me that my Author's Note is "Makes my story sound great and that it's describable" how the heck are they supposed to know if my book is good or not if you're just basing it off my Author's Notes? They don't know. They don't care. They don't even try to care. We're all looking for reads and feedback, but when someone makes a deal and doesn't pull up their end, someone is going to end out very VERY ticked off.

Rant Courtesy of  xK_LuvableWritez_Bx