Hating the Hate: Why All the Name Calling? Part 2

So when I would visit a certain person they would ask me how my week is and I would tell them what I did with friends. It would be something like this, “Well, Tom, Bob, Sarah and I went to the movies.” Their next response would be, “Are they white or black?” WHY THE DOES IT MATTER!? They could be freaking Japanese! I just hate it when this person asks that question. Then when I was on the facebook another person looks over my shoulder and says, “You have a lot of white friends.” And? Does that bother you? And if it does why? I’m friends with anyone really. White, Black, Hispanic, Greek, French, straight, gay, bi, Atheist, Christian, Buddhist, dragon, vampire, anyone! I just hate it when people focus on what others are rather than who they are.

So, say you’re an Atheist. I’m not going to shun you just because we don’t believe in the same thing. I mean we might get into arguments if the subject presents its self but I would treat you like I treat any of my other friends. This next statement has little to do with the things above. So apparently, I’m an “Oreo” because I do not say things like, “Yo my nigga what’s good?” The hell? No, I speak proper English (most of the time). To tell you the truth, I don’t like the word “nigga”. I said once I just didn’t like the word in my mouth. My old best friend said it, and it didn’t even seem like her. I just don’t like the word. So, if I say, “Hey, what’s up?” instead of, “Yo my nigga what’s good?” you’re just going to have to deal with that. Okay, done. Sometimes things like this sparks controversy in the weirdest way so I'm not sure if you are comfortable adding it to the diary. I just wanted to tell someone about how I feel about that subject. "

Rant Courtesy of Ridelova101