Chapter 10

Uploaded on 11/09/2015 

edited 01/01/18

I sat on my sofa nursing a glass of rose in the early evening. Who drinks alone? Me! How pathetic, I looked at the glass wondering how many calories were in there. I looked down to my pudgy stomach with a sneer.

I put the half-empty wine glass back on the table that was situated next to the arm of my sofa. I then began to channel surf, bored being alone in my flat. I have always been alone, never having that close circle of friends that other people seem to have.

I thought back to the girls at work that I lunch with. I have only been out with them a handful of times but yet we were not close. I picked up my phone scrolling through the contacts to look for a random person to text. No one came to mind.

My finger stalled once I came to the M section, Marcus and Max were the first ones on the list. I always had their personal number for business purposes but I have never wilfully created contact.

My mind flashed back to the start of the day with all the sexual things that we did together. I could do that to them yet I cannot call them.

Then why should I call them, they were not mine, to begin with. Especially with Max being involved with Nicole. I felt a dagger go through my chest at the thought of Max having a baby with Nicole. Why should that bother me? It shouldn't but yet it does.

Only a whore would love the attention of two men. That is what they said to me after prom when the Twins stole my first kissed after a sweet dance. They made me feel like a princess that night. Introducing me to their friends as their dates. I was dancing with both of them. They never left my side.

I walked over to the cabinet riffling in it till I found my yearbook as well as pictures that I kept hidden from that night in an album. I opened the book to see me standing there in a light pink dress, my corsage attached to my wrist and another to a strap on my dress. The twins being individual both brought me a different colour flower.

I looked at the other picture when we arrived at prom. I was stood in the middle of the twins barely reaching their shoulder in my high heels. They both hand an arm wrapped around my waist. Marcus glowering at the camera whilst Max lifted in half a smirk.

My face was a full-on grin. Showing all my front teeth. I was happy to be going to prom being that I jumped two years to be in senior class.

I picked up the yearbook seeing all the pictures of the popular kids taking up most of the page.

My eyes drifted to the first comment.

"Who's voted to make the first million?" I read aloud then smiled in nostalgia. "Marcus and Max Sinclair has been the vote by their senior year to make their first Million. Which some has speculated has already happened as they have been approached to join MIT due to their genius with computer security."

I forgot that they were asked to go to MIT I wondered why they turned it down. I turned the page to see the cheerleaders smiling doing a pyramid. The head Cheerleader Chelsea posing on top.

- Who is voted to be a married couple.-

I looked at the line underneath to see her and a picture of Max looking cosy at a picnic table.

- Chelsea and Max have been voted by the senior year to be the most likely couple to be married. Chelsea has managed to tame the untameable rogue Max Sinclair. Sorry ladies your luck is out.

I stuck my tongue out at that sentence. They broke up just before prom. Shows what this book knows. I turned the page to see a picture of myself picking my books up from the floor where behind me you could make out two girls from the cheer squad laughing cause they accidentally knocked me over.