Chapter 13

Uploaded on 17-09-15

Edited 01/01/18 

I breezed past Samantha without saying hello.

She didn't look too fussed she was too busy greeting the twins. Stumbling over her words to notify them what went on in their absence.

I sat at my desk putting my purse on the floor. The twins came to stand in front of my desk not saying anything.

Samantha remained quiet by the door. She blinked taking in the terse atmosphere then shut the door giving us privacy.

I began to sort out my desk. Reading the message that Samantha took for me.

"Say something," Max begged. "I don't want this to get in between us."

"I think you should call the legal department. See if this is something they can handle." I advised him.

Marcus folded his arms looking up at me. He shook his head then walked to his desk continuing his work. Proficient as always.

"Brother," He called out from his desk. "Leave her. Sooner you get things sorted with Nicole we all can move on."

"You cannot keep on punishing me for something I done before you accepted us." Max hand came to cover mine on the table.

I looked up from my eyelashes. His lips were set in a flat determined line.

"I..." I stuttered as I was unsure if deep down I was punishing him. "We're not together." I said instead. "You are free to do what you want and so am I."

I thoughts went to James who was going to take me on a second date to a charity benefit.

"Last night," Max asked. "What was that."

I lifted an eyebrow. "What girl wouldn't turn down an orgasm. Like I said I have needs."

I slipped my hand from underneath his.

"Are you just using us for your basic desires?" Max looked shocked. "Well, I will not be used."

A soft knock sounded from the door. Samantha poked her head in.

"I got a Mr Davroy on the phone for Ms Adams." Her eyes flickered from me to Max.

"Put him through." I pointed to my desk phone.

She nodded walking back to her table.

"What does he want?" Max virtually growled at me.

"Maybe he wants to be used." I smiled up into his face. A moment later the phone started to ring. I picked it up straight away leaning back in my chair ignoring the glare from Max.

"Hi, James." I began to play with my hair twirling it around my finger. "How are you?"

"Natasha." His voice sounded light on the phone. "Just wanted to see if we are still on for tonight. You haven't responded back to any of my texts."

I reached into my purse to look at my phone to see that indeed I have unread messages.

"Sorry about that. I have been bogged down with work." I explained. "Yeah, we still on for our date."

I heard something crash in the room. I looked up to see Marcus approaching. I gulped. He did not look too happy.

"I heard that you managed to steal Lakára French away from me. They giving you any hassle. That Leanne can be a bitch." James carried on oblivious to my surroundings.

I giggled like a school girl. "James..." I wined down the line. "You know I can't talk about our clients-----"

I sat up looking at a furious Marcus who had his hand on the receiver that cut the call. His blue eyes were on fire. Causing me to have a little fire of my own.