After the fight

Ponyboy's thumb wiped the smudged black eyeliner from my bottom eye.

"What on earth happened to you, (Y/N)?"

"Soc."

"The gang'll be here in a sec. Don't worry, (Y/N). I've got you."

I had the urge to cry. But since I was so goddamn stubborn I kept on swallowing the lump in my throat that kept on getting bigger. Like I swallowed a marble and it was stuck there.

Darrel and Sodapop were the first to run up to us.

"Was it the Socs?"

"You bet it was, Darry." Ponyboy responds.

"Just look at what they did to you... and your hair. " Sodapop says, grabbing what seemed like a handkerchief and wiping off the blood that dripped from my nose.

"We've got you, (Y/N).We won't let them hurt you no more." He reassured me.

"Why the hell would you walk on the streets lonesome? Don't you got a brain? You can use it for school, but not for common sense like this?" Darry yells.

I bit my lower lip, holding in the tears.

Steve appeared with the rest of the gang, "Good going, superdope. Now she's going to cry."

"She should know not to go walking those parts by herself. What if she was... "

They grew quiet. I knew what Darrel was going to say without even having to finish his sentence.

Two-Bit ruffled my now short hair, "Well you better thank God it didn't happen."

"Two's right, what's important is that she's alright. Right (Y/N)? " Johnny asks ever so sweetly.

I nodded.

Dallas came from the back noticing my short boyish hair, "They did this to you? When they see my face... they'll regret what they did to you. I'll make it my job to seek those who did that to you. "

"It's just my hair... I've got a bloody nose. That's far worse, than my hair."

He blew smoke to my direction, "I don't give a shit. They cut my red-head's hair."

I knew Dallas cared, he just was kinda weird 'bout his feelings towards his friends. I stood up and went to the bathroom, "Don't follow me in here!" I yelled as they all stopped in their tracks. I looked at the mirror, horrified. My nose was badly bruised, blood dripping from both nostrils. My right eye had a bad bruise, and my hair was almost like ponyboy's. I silently cried. Darrel was right...I shouldn't have walked out there.

I sniffled and cleaned my face, looking at myself again with weak eyes. I took a deep breath before walking out and noticed they all quickly fixed themselves as if they were busy in the first place.

"Darrel...you were right." I spoke, breaking the awkward silence as I plumped down to the couch.

They all say around me, Dally muttered under his breath, cursing at the people who hurt me so.

Darrel's angry eyes turned soft as he placed an arm on my back, patting me to know he was sorry.

Dally sat up, angrily, "From now one we'll be your bodyguard. Whenever you got to go somewhere tell anyone of us. Ain't no problem for me." He fiercely spoke as the other guys cheered for him.

"Don't worry, (Y/N), Steve and I finish up pretty early on week nights. Ask any of us and we'd be more than happy to take you to watch a movie or somethin'."

Steve let out a toothy smile, "You betcha."

Two-Bit also came in, "Man, I can be your bodyguard any time of day. Just ask Ponyboy, I used to be his bodyguard in school." He then laughed while Ponyboy rolled his eyes and blushed from embarrassment.

I felt myself smile, "Thank you, guys." They all came around me and hugged, putting the hurt in the past.

I love my boys.