Not everything is as it seems

Sodapop, was more than ecstatic to hear the news of me being pregnant and of course, so was I. We've tried for months to have a baby, and now it was the most beautiful moment I could ever ask for.

His grin was as wide as it can ever be, " Is it a boy or girl, huh? What if they're twins? Triplets even! "

I couldn't help but giggle at his questions, " We'll find out soon enough, Soda. Now don't get your hopes up for quints! My poor stomach wouldn't handle five different babies at one time. " I joked.

--------

Rain poured down the grey clouds, " Sure is rainy today, (Y/N). " Sodapop stated as he drove to the hospital.

" I know, the news reporter said it was going to be sunny. Guess you can't rely on the news too much. "

We quickly found a parking spot and Sodapop held out his umbrella, taking my hand, " Easy now. Be careful. "

" Stop doting me, all cause I'm pregnant. It's only been five months! "

He held his free hand up in defence, " Sorry! Just wanted to make sure Soda Jr was alright! "

I let out a small chuckle, " Soda Jr? "

He grinned, " You betcha! "

We checked into the hospital, waiting for my name to be called. Sodapop couldn't even sit still in church, much less in a waiting room.

His leg shook abruptly, " Gah, I hate sitting still for so long. "

I nodded, agreeing to what he said. Before I changed the subject, my name was called.

" Oh look it's my turn, Soda! "

He sprung out of his chair, helping me stand up.

We walked inside the small room, the atmosphere felt ominous for some reason. Perhaps, it was due to the rain you can hear from outside that made the hospital seem so depressing.

I layed down on the chair, gulping. The doctor rubbed some blue cream on my stomach, Sodapop reached for my hand. I held his hand tightly.

The doctor searched around, mumbling to himself.

" What's the matter? " Sodapop asked

The Doctor shook his head, " Nothing my boy, maybe Mrs.Curtis needs to clean her system. Please use the bathroom. "

I proceeded to the restroom, and did as what the doctor told me and headed back.

" Please lay down again. "

Again, I did as what I was told. However, this time I wasn't excited I was anxious and scared.

Sodapop's hand intertwined with mine, which soothed me.

The doctor searched again, this time he mumbled something a bit louder and called out a nurse.

" What's going on? " I practically shouted.

" I need a word with the both of you. " He spoke, gesturing me to sit up.

" What is it, Doc? Is the baby okay? " Sodapop asked, examining his face.

He held up his clipboard, " Unfortunately, the baby's heart isn't beating. So you need to have the baby removed. I'm very sorry for your loss. "

The words traveled through my ears, tears began to stroll down my cheeks without any warning.

I began to tremble," I don't... understand... "

Sodapop's hand unwrapped from mine, " Honey... I'm .. "

The Doctor stood up from his chair, " I'll leave you two alone. "

The sound of the door was slam shut and all I did was burst into tears, a grotesque sound came from my voice as I hugged Sodapop.

The child we thought we'd have a chance to meet was now gone.