[AU] First Impression

Asshole.

That was the first impression I had about Sodapop Curtis. His charming looks questioned his kindness to others, especially the fact that he was on the football team.

My mind snapped back to reality, as the coach screamed my name, " (Y/N) !! "

Sighing, I jogged my way to him, " Yes, sir? " I gritted between my teeth. His presence annoyed me, he expected me to succeed in track, when he knew I couldn't.

" You're going to have a trainer. "

Those words pierced through my brain. Now he wants me to have a trainer?

Again, I was snapped back to reality by the sound of a whistle," Who will be my trainer? " I asked, impatiently.

Then, as if it were a gruesome dream, Sodapop Curtis appeared before me. His looks were indeed charming, but his act of kindness seemed like a fraud to me.

With a grin he spoke, " Hey, I'll be helping ya out with track okay, cutie? "

I rolled my eyes,
" Whatever. Let's get this over and done with. "

We practiced for about an hour before my lungs felt tight, and my breathing became ragged.

Asthma sucks.

" Woah, you okay? "

I wanted to slap him, how the fuck was I okay, instead I shook my head. Pointing at a bag across the field, he sprinted towards it, grabbing my inhaler.

I took a deep breath from it and my lungs felt less clenched together. Hearing the mocking of the kids across the fields, my mood changed.

" They're all assholes. Don't pay attention to them. " Sodapop reassured, placing a hand on my back.

A Soc; 'bout as ugly as a damn frog, appeared in front of me, laughing.

" Aw how cute, she thinks Soda here will like her! " She mocked.

Blood boiled in my veins. Before I could even react, Sodapop to my suprise; stood up.

" You better get out of here or I'll make sure you regret opening that darn mouth of yours. "

That's not the Sodapop Curtis I knew. His attitude changed so quickly it made my heart skip a beat.

" Annie. That's enough. " Coach Mark said from the football field, she huffed before marching away.

Sodapop turned away from her, focusing on me, " Y'know, you should've told me you had Asthma. I didn't mean to-"

I placed a finger on his lips, " It's alright. "

He sat there on his knees, grinning from ear to ear. I kinda felt sorry for thinking twice about his kindness to others.

" Y'know, my buddy Steve and I work part time at the DX Gas Station, maybe you can drop by sometime and I can buy ya a coke or somethin'."

For the first time in a while, I smiled, " I'd love to. "