Pumpkin Carving

Steve and Dallas being completely frustrated with it.

"Now where the hell do I put these things, (Y/N)? They stink. Almost as bad as Two-Bit's shoes." Steve said holding out the pumpkin seeds.

You held in a snort and pointed at the trash can, "And while you're there you should throw those pumpkin seeds too."

Steve stared at you, "And I thought Dally was cold-blooded."

Dallas, with the carving knife, grunted as he tried poking out one eye out for the pumpkin, "Shit, (Y/N) how do you do this every year?"

"Maybe if you didn't complain each time you inserted the knife into the pumpkin you'd actually enjoy it, Dal."

"Smartass."

Ponyboy not liking it so much, but does it anyway because you like it.

"(Y/N), this ain't too bad if I'm doing it with you. Hey, how 'bout we go to the movies after this?"

A smile grew onto your lips, "Of course, Pony. We should watch Night of the Living Dead heard that movie was real scary."

Ponyboy grinned.

"Anything for you, (Y/N)."

Johnny sits back and watches you carve it instead.

"You look real pretty like that. The sun hitting your face makes your eyes shine, almost like wheat, (Y/N)."

You felt your cheeks turn red, "Oh Johnny, quit yappin' and help me carve one of these!"

Two-Bit carves the funniest faces on it.

"Hey look! I did one of the Socs on here." Two-Bit says bursting into laughter.

You laughed with Two- Bit, "I'm pretty sure that'll keep the Socs from entering our neighborhood on Halloween night!"

Two-Bit stared at you real hard before laughing like a hyena. His eyes began to water, "Have I ever told you, (Y/N), how much I love you?"

Sodapop impresses or tries to impress you by showing off his carving skills.

"Now, I know I ain't the best, but look at how perfect that triangle came out, (Y/N) !"

You giggled, "Uh, Sodapop, deary, one of the sides came out longer than the other."

Sodapop's face grew pale, "Well, I''ll be damned."

Darry is the best one out of everyone and secretly enjoys the activity.

"Now if you pay attention carefully, you can make the smile more jagged if you do this."

The truth is, you weren't even paying attention to what Darrel was saying. Instead, you glanced at his face. His arms. Everything but what he was doing.

"(Y/N), are you even listening to me?"

"Uh, yeah!"

"Good. Now go get another knife and start carving."