Chapter Sixteen: Doubts

I closed my eyes and sighed. Things were going by so fast. One moment I was free and alone and the next engaged to be the future queen.

And today was to be my coming out party. Or should I say ball. And test here I was a black female and I was marrying a white king.

I peaked around the corner and my heart doubled in beat. This was a new feeling. Fear was not in my vocabulary. I closed my eyes once more.

"Why are you peaking around the corner like a naughty girl? You should be out there mingling and having fun. Meeting the people who soon will be your friends." He said.

I looked at him and sighed. He didn't know.

"Why am I an exception Lazarus. I can't walk in there with my head held high as your soon to he queen and this law you have in place is still there. Why are you keeping it." I asked.

He sighed and rubbed his temple. I could see the little vein in his forehead throb and I knew now wasn't the time. But it had to be the time.

"I'm not talking about this. This is an irrelevant conversation. You are being ungrateful for the sacrifices I am making to be with you." He said.

"Sacrifices. Sacrifices. Don't you dare stand there and make it seem as though you had not choice in this matter. I didn't make you purpose." I said.

"You did. I was not ready for this at this moment. But I had to do something before you broke down."He said.

"So......you didn't want to-of course you didn't. I knew it all along and now I have the short end of the stick. I'm pregnant with the child of thean who don't really care for me. Oh this is rich. These damn hormones." I growled.

"Look we can talk about this after the ball we need to go out there. Now put a smile on your face and give me you hand." He said.

I did just as he said but we wouldn't be talking. Oh no. I'm done with this. I will katry him but he might as well get his list of mistresses because I was not going to be in his bed another moment.

I paused at a maids station and motioned for one to come to me. She walked towards me. She was a pretty little thing. The look of innoncence in her eyes. Her hair was black and her skin similar to mine. Caremel and smooth. She was younger then the rest. Maybe 17 years of age. Her green eyes told everything. Letting me know that she was mixed like me. Her parents were interracially involved. I bent a little to whisper in her ear.

"Prepare a separate room for me. Do what you must I do not care if it is in the barn. Just get me something away from him." I growled vehemently.

She looked shocked as her eyes grew wide and her jaw dropped. I gave her a look that said you better do it or there will be hell to pay. She nodded and walked away.

I put on a fake smile. We would never talk again.

Lazarus' POV

She didn't understand the stress I was going through. Friends. Family. They were starting to turn their back and alliances were starting to me terminated. I needed to save her.

And I didnt give a damn about anyone else's marrying other races. That rule would not be eliminated. So she could drop it.

What she needed to do was make an impression on these friends. The ones that hated her but only came because of me. I needed a strong queen. Not a weak one.

"This is my fiance Secret. Secret this is King Ian and Queen Isabella." I said.

They eyed her and I saw the doubt in their eyes. They were disrespecting her and I held my breath.

Secrets' POV

That was it. He let his so called "friends" size me up and disrespect me.

"It is to my understanding that you are the rulers of Whelmington. If I may I think to lessen the controversy between Lord Eli and Lord Xavier you should give the land to the pu pic allowing them to build an orphanage since the one you do have is quite packed." I said.

They looked shocked. Yes I read his files. And after that I ignored them introducing myself to everyone else with the same manner. They were not going to judge me by my skin. I'll be damned of that.

Five hours later.....

"You did welly love." Lazarus smiled.

He leaned in to kiss me and I moved away not wanting his lips anywhere near me.

I walked away from him looking out the window of the room we use to share. I shook my head. How did I come to this. Why did I trust him.

"I think it will be wise to make a contract between us." I said.

"A contract?" He asked.

"I will have your child and in return you give me my freedom. You let me go giving me a free ticket out of your kingdom and you never come find me. Ever." I said.

"What the hell are you talking about. We are to be married soon. You have my child and you are talking these nonsense things." He said.

"You! You talk about sacrifices. I gave up everything. My morals. My heart. My love. My body. My friends. All of it. I gave it all for this shit. You don't want me. You never did. You sat there and let them disrespect me. If I am going to take up for myself then what do I need a man for. The only thing I need from you is sperm to make babies. And you filled that. So thanks for that." I said.

"You are s-"

"Say it. I dare you. I thought niavely. I niavely thought you loved me. But all it was was this damn heir I got in me. This d- our child that I thought was made from love. We will marry. For the child's sake. The maids have prepared me a separate bedchamber. We will marry and in the eyes of public we will look like the perfect family. Here behind closed doors have as many whores as you want. But don't touch me." I said.

He looked at me and then all of a sudden he burst out laughing like a mentally unstable man. When he looked at me I took a step back it was like his eyes turned pitch black and he looked lethal.

He cornered me against the wall and leaned in closed enough that I could smell his breath.

"I doubt it will happen because I will never let you go. You want the damn law revoked imma do it. But don't you dare say I don't fucking love you. Your place is by my side in my heart and in my bed. So don't think about going to that room."he growled and kissed me hard.

"Lazarus we shou-"

"Take off your clothes Secret. All of them. And then lay on the bed and spread your led wide." He said.

Okay so one a mature and very sexual standpoint that turned me on. Very turned on. I could literally feel my pupils dilate.

Slowly I did as he said sliding the dress off my body and I moaned at the look he gave me. I couldn't help it. His look was like a caress on my skin.

My movements became quick and jerky and I noticed he was swiftly getting out of his clothes and he didn't wait until I got on the bed. He threw me on it jumping on top of me and taking me hard and fast yet I felt the love in it. He possessed me. Ordered me. Commanned no demanded I scream his name and I did. Because I had no choice.