Chapter One: The Encounter

"Secret get that table overthere. I got this on over here." Sandy said.

Sandy was a 65 year old woman with just ad much spunk as any twent year old. And she looked like that too. The only thing that gave her away was her salt and pepper hair.

"Yes ma'am." I called.

I carried he tray to the table in front to the door. I shivered as the cold air whipped past my face macking my nose feel as though it was frozen.

"Hey beautiful." Reginald smiled.

I rolled my eyes at his attempt to flirt with me.

"Hello Reginald. How are you today?" I asked politely.

He smirked and scanned my body up and down with lust filled eyes.

"I would feel much better of you would go on a date with me." He smiled.

"Nice try but I don't think so." I smiled back.

"Why? I'm like the only other black gut for a hundred mile radius. Who knows. You may be the one I decide to marry." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes once again annoyed at his plain and boring come on.

"Sorry. I don't care about marriage like most girls. And you aren't the only black male in the world. If I did want to marry I fcouod simply just find another guy." I said.

I made a move to turn and walk away but he stopped me by grabbing my arm.

"But I'm right here," He said.

"So you are,' I said and walked away.

Once I got to the kitchen I groaned annoyed.

"What's wrong?" Samantha Sandy's daughter asked.

"Some guys are just so stupid. Not in this life. I'm not that desperate. I don't even aspire to be married. Like I want a man thinking he can tell me what to do when in all reality he can't and he won't. And furthe-"

"Secret do me a favor and breathe will ya. You are human like everyone else and you need oxygen." She laughed.

I puffed and and the side of my hair blew.

"Secret you are on!" Sandy yelled.

I took a deep breathe and closed my eyes. I calmed my nerves and relaxed my muscles.

I pulled off my apron and went up on the little stage and grabbed the guitar that sat next to me.

"Good evening and welcome. You all know what time it is and so for my first song I'll sing and song everyone knows." I smiled.

And I song about ten numbers which the people loved.

Everyone applaused as I finished the last song.

"And for my last song I will sing Monster by paramore." I said.

I adjusted the guitar and began to strum the cords. I opened my mouth and let the words come out of me.

'You were my conscience, so solid, now you're like water

We started drowning, not like we'd sink any further

But I let my heart go, it's somewhere down at the bottom

But I'll get a new one and come back for the hope that you've stolen

I'll stop the whole world, I'll stop the whole world

From turning into a monster and eating us alive

Don't you ever wonder how we survive?

Well now that your gone, the world is ours

I'm only human, I've got a skeleton in me

But I'm not the villain, despite what you're always preaching

Call me a traitor, I'm just collecting your victims

They're getting stronger, I hear them calling'

At the end I stood and did a cursty. Everyone cheered and gave me an standing ovation.

The clapping slowly came to a stop except for one set of hands. All eyes went to a man who stood in then corner where no one could see his face.

He finally did come out of the shadows and we all bowed. The king of our land King Lazaras held his hands and looked at me.

"Your voice is quite soothing. And your appearance exotic. You will come sing for me at the palace." He ordered.

I froze. I know he was my king but ib hatred it when men thought they could tell me what to do.

"No your highness." I said and the crowd gasped.

He looked at me. His cold eyes narrowing as though to intimidate me. But I wasn't intimidated easily.

"Do you just tell me no?' He asked

"Yes. I did. I will not come to the palace and sing for you. I mean no disrespect but I have a job to do." I said.

"Fire her." He told Sandy.

She looked shocked and then stared at me with sympathy. I knew she had to do so. I understood.

"You're fired." She said.

"Now you will come now you font have a job to do." He said.

"No now I have to go find another job." I said.

"No person under my rule will hire you now come." He said.

"I am not a dog to follow your command I do not come." I said.

He looked at me and a smirk played on his face. He bowed before me shocking everyone.

"My lady will you accompany me to the palace?" He asked.

"It seems as though I must now doesn't it?"I asked.

I heard whispers as I walked out there door.

"She is dead."

"I can't believe she spoke to the king like that."

"Do you think she will live to b see the morning."

"I doubt it."

If I was to for then so be it.

-----------------> There is Lazarus