Chapter Eight: Knives and Blood and Scars Oh My

Two weeks later.....

Things have been pretty hectic. Leon gets on Lazarus nerves therefore he is always annoyed. I have to sneak around like a freaking secret agent.

And I'm simply tired of doing that. I refuse to hide from him like a child. I am a grown woman and I can take care of myself.

I entered my closet from a much needed shower. A towel wrapped snuggly around my body. My hair damp and krinkly.

I ran my finger over the different color fabric and decided on a orange dress trimmed in gold ribbon.

I grabbed the sunset orange shoes to go along with it and slipped on the items. I pulled my hair into a pony tell with a golden ribbon and walked out into my bedroom to freeze.

"Nice bedroom you have here. What did you do for the king to get a bed like this?" Leon asked.

"You are not suppose ri be in my room. Get out." I said.

"Poor Secret. He uses you doesn't he. Poor baby." He taunted.

"How do you know my name?" I asked.

"One of the maids told me. What a weird name. Secret. Do you have secrets Secret. Secrets between you and the king?" He asked.

I glared at him.

"Get off my bed." I warned.

He put his hands up in the air in mock surrender.

"Of course. Your bed is only for the king. But do you open your legs for him as well?" He asked.

"The king and I have not had any sexual actions between us and you well remember that." I snapped.

"Big words for a slave. Where did you learn. I am impressed." He said.

"Call me a slave one more tjme  and I swear it is the last thing you will say." I snapped.

"My apologizes. But one might ask. What do you do for the king to get such an expensive wardrobe. What is so special about you mud blood. The offspring of a mixture. You are no different than. A mixed dog. A mutt. And female dogs always spread their legs for every passing male. How about we add another secret shall we. One that is only between me and you and this room. I want to know if you are so good in bed." He said as he walked up to me.

I did budge. I wasn't scared of him. I could hold my own.

He made a quick move and I punched him in the nose sending him back a few steps. He held his face and laughed. Blood gushed put over his hand and he looked at it.

"Pretty good." He smiled.

I took a pose waiting for his next move like he was a wild animal. The insane glint in his eyes glowed like phospherous. Beautiful but a deadly element.

He came up to be and threw a punch with a quickly dodged and elbowed him in the back. But he delivered a kick to my stomach and I fell to the floor.

I saw when his foot rose and I rolled away from him and got up. Where was the king when you needed him.

An evil smirk touched his lips but all that was seen was a sneer. He looked much like a rabbit dog. An untamed animal. And untaimed animals were always unpredictable.

He charged at me and I did a round House kick effectively knocking him off his feet and sending him across the room.

He got up and I saw the last bit of sanity leave his eyes. His eyes no longer looking blue but black with rage. My eyes followed his hand as he pulled out something sharp and shiney.

It was a knife.  A big knife. One that would deffinately do damage and even kill if used the correct way.

He came at me and I dodged while also trying to defend myself. I could practically hear the knife slice through the air with each swap of his hand.

I glanced over at the door weighing my options. I couldnt make the door. That would make him kill me too easy.  Why hadn't the king checked on me.

"He won't come. He is too buisy in royal duties to care about you." He said.

The door opened and everything went in slow motion. I looked at Lazaras and he looked at me. Then the pain registered and I looked down to see the red spot quickly spread and stain the orange cloth.

I bent and moaned. Nothing registered. No sound. Nothing.

I fell to my knees and  braced myself on the floor.

Lazaras' POV

The guards came and drug my cousin to the dungeons. I on the otherhand went to her. Tears rolled down her face. I screamed for the doctor.

"Secret. Stay calm okay." I said softly.

She tighten her grip on the knife and pulled. Blood stained the steel as she dripped far away from her. I wrapped my arms around her gently and picked her up. I placed her on the bed and held her.

"It hurts so much more than the others." She whispered.

"What others?" I asked.

Her eyes slowly closed and I shook her. She looked around as though she didn't know where she was.

"Stay with me. Talk to me. Tell me about you." I said.

"I.......was an or.....phan. My parents.........left me here. I.......was alone. Got.....into......trouble. Sometimes bad tro...u....ble." She said before silence .

The doctor came rushing in and he examined her.

"She just fainted my lord." He said and began to order the maids.

"My lord you will have to leave. The maids will strip her down and she is a single woman." He said.

"I am staying." I said a little too calmly for my liking.

He hesistanly nodded and two maids began to undress her. But what I saw not only shocked me but the doctor a d servants. Scars. So many scars were in her body. No so bad but visible to the eye.

Scars on her legs and wrist and stomach. Even her breast. What could she have possibly went through to have so much.

I watched as the doctor wrapped and dressed the wound. And he gave her some pain medicine through an IV.

"Ladies turn her please."  The doctor ordered.

The maids did as he said and I stared at her back. It was much worse there. Pink scars stretched across her back.

"My lord this has to be an act of whippings. There are too many scars here. And the others look like knife cuts. Maybe from torture. Its hard to tell. Has she ever mentioned anything about this to you." I said.

"No. Nothing at all.".I said.

"Maybe she said something out of the ordinary. Made a statement most women wouldn't make." He suggested.

"Well she did say before she fainted that it hurt much worse than the others. And a month or two ago she said she wouldn't marry. I found that odd since most girls grow up planning their wedding." I said.

He nodded.

"Never the less we cant know anything until she wakes. She should wake within a few days. I think she take residence here until she is well again." He said.

I nodded in agreement.

I glanced down at her and sighed. Something in me changed. Something I had no idea was there. But it was deffinately there now. And it was strong.

-----------> Lazaras' Father's Picture