Chalter Twelve: One Night With the King

If music be the food of love, play on,
Give me excess of it; that surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die.
~William Shakespeare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The castle was in a rush. Lazaras has been nowhere around which as much as I hate to admit it makes me worried.

And has me confused. So far we have went on 12 dates and all of them more romantic than the last. I would have never thought that he had any ounce of romance in him. But then again I didnt think I had a romantic loving bone in my body.

But I did. And each date lead to something more passionate. The very last date he took me to his favorite place. A lake hidden by trees with the most exotic plants I gave every known. It read like magic. Somewhere yuppy would think that a unicorn would pop out of.

As I walked into the hallway a maid bumped into me. Making get apologies she began to walkaway before I caught her wrist.

"Why is everyone in a rush?" I asked.

"The king is in a fit. He had sent a list of orders to everyone and won't allow anyone in his room."she said.

"And did the cook send him his three meals?" I asked.

"It was sent back uneaten. He is in a fury miss."she said.

"I see. I'll let you get back to work." I said.

"Thank you miss." She curtsied and walked away briskly.

It was well past ten and he has not eaten all day. Growing more annoyed by the second I walked to kitchen and the staff looked at me.

"Can I do something for toy miss." The cook asked.

"First off I sent have a title so can you please stop calling me miss. My name is Secret. Secondly what is your name and where is Andre?" I asked

"Andre is on vacation. I am Pipalin but everyone calls me Pip." She said.

She looked to be about 50 with her salt a pepper hair and a round button nose.

"Can you make something for the king please." I asked.

"Oh mis- Secret. I have tried. But he keeps sending it back." She said.

I saw the look of dismay on her face along with worry and I knew how she felt.

"Its not because of you cooking. If you made the meals I had yay are amazing. I'll cook something up and give it to him. Our king needs to eat don't you think?" I asked.

"Yes." She nodded.

Everyone moved out of my way and I began to make small honey glazed steak with greenbeans and a customary French soup.

I put it all on a tray and carried upstairs and towards his room.

I knocked the first time and heard nothing. I knocked a second time.

"Go away." He snapped.

I turned the knob and realised it was open. I entered the room as dark as it was and didn't see him inside. But the balcony doors were open. I sat the tray on a dresser and walked out onto the balcony.

"You will pay dearly for disobeying m-"

"How will I be punishes dear king. Will you lock me up and keep me against my will like a caged animal or will I be in the jail cell like your cousin. Maybe you could find me as a good bed warmer." I snapped loosing my temper.