Chapter Fifteen: Telling My Friends

"Why can't you tell me where we are going." I asked.

"Don't you trust me." He asked.

"I'm a black female with your illegitimate child in my womb. And you are a white king. I don't actually trust that scenario." He said

"You don't trust me? " he asked.

"Of course I trust you. To a degree. But I am skeptical about this and I can't  do reckless things anymore. I'm thinking for two." I said.

He shook his head.

"Never in my life  have I been in a situation where the woman did not trust me." He said.

"That is because none of them were black." I snapped.

"Stop pulling the race card. You are getting old and predictable." He said.

"Then maybe you could cut me loose and take back your ring huh? " I asked.

"You aren't getting rid of me that easy. We are at our destination. Put on a smile wifey." He said.

He got out and I followed not wanting to make a scene. There were millions of people there taking photos and trying to ask questions.

He pushes them all aside while making our way to small but familiar building came into view. We went inside and I was engulfed in a bone crushing hug.

"Where have you been. When have been worried sick about you. Your landlord said you haven't been there in three months where were you." Sally asked.

"Well I was with him. Going through hell.and fire." I said.

"What is this on your fin- is this a ring. Why is there a ring. What is going on." She asked.

"Well isn't it obvious. I am to become your queen." I smiled with sarcasm. 

Really the thing is I didn't want to be anyone's wife but I did carry the heir. My mistake. I should have done something but I was so....I don't know.

"You-you-you- queen?" She asked.

"Shocker right. " I laughed.

"Well you are having my child. So it would be appropriate to marry youyou." He said.

You know that moment where you think time just stops. Like everything stops. Well I think that just happened. My entire body froze and everyone in the diner did too. 

Their eyes widened to the size of pizza circles. The large kind. And I wanted go kill him at that moment.

"Pr-pr-pregnant? As in pregnant?"Sally asked shocked.