Chapter Nine: A Kiss to Wake Up Sleeping Beauty

Lazaras' POV

I glanced at her. She was in a coma. The wound made her go into shock or that is what the doctor says. But I don't care.

I just want her to be well. Its been a whole three weeks since the incident. The heart monitor just keep beeping and I am just glad to see in making a broken noise instead of one straight tone.

Her cheeks looked pale but her lips still looked the same. The same lips that would spit back fiery responses. Lips that would pull back in a taunting smile for my eyes only.

I got up from my chair and went closer towards her. I ran my thumb lightly over her lips. Caressing them with tender care.

The heart monitor sped up and I smiled. So I did have an a affect on her.

I caressed the side of her face and bent down. Lifting her head closer to mine. My lips brushed against hers unsure and then pressed harder.

I wasn't expecting her to kiss me back. I knee it was impossible when she was in a coma. I don't know what I was expecting. But what I got was even better than all the gold in the world.

Her lips moved along with mine and I tasted her. Her lips felt like silk but her taste like honey dew melon.

I pulled away confused as to wondering if it was just my imagination but when I saw her ocean blue eyes staring back at me I knew it wasn't my imagination.

"You kissed me." She said.

I placed my forehead against hers.

"I've missed you so much." I whispered.

"What nonsense are you talking about. You are king. You shouldn't worry about a bla-"

"Well I did because that black girl made me fall in love and I know she won't believe a word I say. But I'll try my hardest to make her happy while she is with me." I said.

"You are in love with me. But why. How. It is inhumane to love me. You are a king." She said

"But I am a man first. A human being." I said.

"W- where is Leon." She asked.

"The dungeons. He will see a trial worse then death when I am done with him. If he is alive once I am done." I said.

Sacret's POV

I looked at him. He seemed different in a sense. If that was possible.

"He is your family. You can't give that up for a peasant." I said.

He took my head in his hands and stared into my eyes with am unknown emotion. My eyes searched his thoroughly.

"I have sat here since the incident. I couldn't sleep without knowing you were e okay. I had to know you were alive. I had to know that there was a possibility that I would see you and be able to kiss you and hold you. Please tell me I will have that chance Secret." He said.

Instead of talking I locked my lips onto his. He loved my lips in a way no one had ever loved them before. But I didn't kids him because of his confession. I kissed him because of the dresser I held in my heart. I too thought I would never see him again.

"You do not have to love me Secret but I need you here. Just give me two weeks and if you wish to leave I will allow you to leave with enough money to buy your own house and never want for anything." He said.

"Be quiet in bit going anywhere. I have grown quite find of the gardens. And I think my l life will be really dull if I didn't have you in it." I said.

He kissed me for the third time today and this one war even better than the last. I plumed swath and started to laugh.

"What is so funny?"he asked.

"I would have never thought I would be kidding the king of England. It is an honor."I smirked.

"I am happy you are getting well.I will go fetch the doctor."he said.

I pushed the covered off of me and stood up.

"There is no need. I am a strong girl. I've been through worse then this."I said.

"Like what or who gave you those scars. Secret who did that to you." He asked.

I sighed and sat back down. My hands in my lap as my mind went back to that day.

"I was young. Just out of the orphanage. A man mislead me. Back then I was so desperate for Love I didn't care who gave it. Well the guy did a number on me. He was working for a white man and they thought I would become their slave. Days they would whip me and torture me. Others they would forget to feed me like I read am animal. There only washy I got away was to tie them up and leave them in a closet so no one could hear their screams. And I left with all of my respected scares and a new outlook on life. That's when I realised that I don't need a mans live. And I haven't dated since. These scars on my body help me remember my mistake."I said.

He placed his hands over my own and made me look at him.

'I failed once in protecting you. I won't fail again. No mam shall harm you again."he said.

"Toy don't have top be here right now. You have a kingdom to rule. You are a king and what you need us to find you a queen so she may produce you an heir. It is what the kingdom would want." I said.

"I see fantasy isn't the only thing you have been reading love. You don't have to worry about me. Im okay. But I am worried about you. I need you well."he said.

"Put one thing on me at a time. I can't take all this affection from you right now. I still can't believe it." I said.

"Ok. Ill take as longs you need me." He said.

I nodded and tried to get up but he stopped me.

"Providing that you stay in bed and get well." He said.

I sighed and nodded again.