Chapter Five: Beauty in Her Eyes

In every man’s heart there is a secret nerve that answers to the vibrations of beauty. ~Christopher Morley

_-----_---------------------------------------_---------_---------_----_--------------------------------

Lazaras' POV

This was no time for joking and that was exactly what Secret was doing

"So son where is this girl that you don't have a relationship with but is stayinf in the palace gates?" My father asked.

"She is coming down father." I said.

She better because I would gladly rang her pretty little neck.

"You are nine and twenty. It is about time yiubmake an heir. I would even recommend you erasing the interracial law. You may find love in a woman of different races." My mother said.

"Are you crazy woman?" My father asked.

"Well fine. The kingdom will go to you cousin. You always did want that.." She said.

"I refuse to let that happen." My father growled.

"You can't do anything. Lazaras is king now.its up to him now. And anyway he doesn't even know about his own people." My mother said.

I looked at her in shock.

"What are you talking about?"  I asked.

"People are moving out of the kingdom to marry interracially. This time in age people are falling in love no matter what their color is. Wouldn't you agree?" My mother asked someone behind me.

I turned around and my jaw fell open. She wore a beautiful gold gown that was absolutely stunning on her.

My heart did a little dance and then a gallop before coming to an abrupt halt.

Secret's POV

"I have seen scenarios. Many people I knew have moved to the next kingdom. But just as many have moved into this kingdom because of this law." I said.

I went to pull out my seay but Lazaras pulled out the chair beside him. I curtsied in front of the royal family and stood in front of my seat.

"I apologize for keeping you waiting. It is still a little bit awkward to live in the palace and not have a thing that belongs to me." I said.

They sat and took my seat right behind them.

"So tell me young lady. How do you feel about the law my son insist on keeping?" She asked.

"Me? It doesn't affect me at all." I said.

"And what if you fall in love with a man if a different color. What if the law then?" She asked.

"I don't find myself in that perdicument. May I speak my mind your highness?" I asked.

"Continue." She said intrigued

"Well first off  I am bit a woman who believes in love. And I don't see myself being married. Therefore the law does not does not affect me in any way. Of course there is the question of do I want children. I was an orphan. And I was left there until the age of 18. I would rather help the children there." I said.

"But you don't want to have your own?" She asked.

I shrugged.

"It's not in my agenda. But sometimes things doesn't go to plan." I said.

The was a silence and then the king burst out laughing.

"I must admit if you were my daughter in law I wouldnt mind so much. You are witty and bright. You would make a fine spouse for a lucky man." He laughed and looked at his son.

"Why don't you marry her son?" He asked and I paled.

"I'm trying father." He said and smirked.

I snapped my head in his direction and glowered at him. Oh he would get a piece of my mind when his parents left. If he thought he would marry me then he had another thing coming.

The food was set in front of me and I was too pissed to even want to eat. The food didn't even look appealing.

"You seem upset my dear. Was it something I said?" Lazaras asked.

"No my King." I forced out.

He stared at me and I slid him a glare. Then I turned my gaze to the food and cut a piece of the steak. I put it to my lips and almost moaned in ecstasy.

But my happiness was short lived when I felt a hand on my thigh. I froze in place. My muscles bunched up where his hand was. I glanced at him and was caught off guard by the warm sensation his gaze gave me.

He leaned over and I felt his breath on my ear sending and tickling sensation throughout my entire body.

"I didn't tell you but you look beautiful in that dress and also sexy." He said and that unsettled  me.

I stopped then and there. I placed the fork down and sat with my hands in my lap and loosing all appetite due to embarrassment. And I wouldn't even be emabrassed if my cheeks weren't so pink right now.

I looked up and saw him staring into my eyes and this time I knew he saw the real color of my eyes.

Like it.

Love it.

Wanna show it.

Then vote on it.

Lol

----------> Lazarus' MOM PICTURE