Chapter Seven: Unwelcome Visitors

I sat at the end of the table as the breakfast was served. I glanced up at Lazaras and saw the scowl on his face.

I didn't know why I cared how he felt. But it was like since the day we went horseback riding together we have actually grown fond of each other.

No. I don't believe that for one moment. I would refuse to believe that for one second.

I clenched my teeth together and looked down. I would not ask him what was wrong. I would not ask him. I would not.

I growled and looked up at him.

"My king what bothers you so. A cumcubine ran out of you bad?" I asked in a snappy manner.

I wasn't mad at him but mad at the fact that I asked him. It was like I cared.

He looked up at me and laughed. A strong vibration that made me freeze because of the feeling that was in my abdomen.

I tilted my head and study him for the first time since I have been here. His strong masculine jaw was flexing. His head tilted back to show his amusement. His Adams apple moved at the vibrations and I crossed my legs unconsciously.

My mind imagined him growling animalistically and I could feel my cheeks warm up as I mentally scowled myself at the fact that I was imagining such a thing.

"Thank you Secret. You have lifted my spirits like I knew you would. The thing that has me my dear is that my cousin has invited himself into my castle and is on his way. Leon is not my favorite person which brings me to the statement." He stopped all of a sudden.

He rose from his chair and walked towards me. My heart skipped several beats and I froze where I was. He pulled me out of my chair and my breath caught.

"I don't want you letting him get close too you. He is dangerous. As a matter if fact I don't want him getting close to you at all." He said.

I gasped audiably when I felt his lips close to my skin. I quickly pulled away and glared up at him.

"I'll take your warning into consideration but keep your distance. I am not one of your whores that you can fluster." I said.

His expression went cold serious and I actually listened to him. He never looked at me that way. A look between concern and possessive.

"I'll keep my distance." I said.

"Thank you." He said.

"Well hello dear cousin. Isn't this a cozy sight. My cousin and his black cumcubine. That is funny." A male with blonde hair asked.

"I am not the kings cumcubine nor will I ever be so you will do well to keep that little though as stupid as it is to your self." I snapped.

"Why you little-"

"Call her anything other than a lady and I will band you from this castle in the blink if an eye. While she is living here she is under my protection and that is what I plan to do." He said while pulling me behind him.

"Wait until my father hear about this. He will certainly have a field day with the council." Leon smirked.

"The council does not dictate what I do and neither dies your family. I could equally disown your whole entire family and the world will forget you as my ally and see you as my enemy. Try my patience dear cousin. I dare you to do so." Lazaras said and I had to hold onto my self control.

He was so.........male.

Leon looked at me with narrowed eyes and I saw the daggers he mentally shot at me. The dangerous thoughts that rolled in his head like a ball down an endless hill.

And I knew right then and there that I had to watch my back around him. I saw the threat his sinister smile offered and the evilness in his iris.

And it was pure evil.

-----------------> Leon's Picture