Chapter Two: A Challenge

The palace was huge. There had to at least be one or two hundred rooms.

The gardens were my favorite. They were exotic. They had so many plants it was like a man made paradise.

The blacks and blues contrasted with then purples pinks and greens. It was almost like a fairy tail. But I had to remember that this wasn't a fairytale.

Fairy tales were for kids to hide then world from their eyes and give them false hope.

"You will stay here until I grow tired of you." He said

"Can that be right now?" I asked.

"You don't fear me." He asked.

"Should I?" I asked.

"Well yes. I ca n end your life with the blink of an eye." He said.

I shrugged and looked at him.

"I'm not afraid to die. I welcome death with scons and tea." I said.

He looked at me. Then out of the blue he threw back his head and laughed.

"Yes. I think I will have much fun with you." He chuckled.

"The king having fun with a black girl? Oh the press will have a field day with that. Want to known what the first question will be? Sir does this mean you have lifted the law of interracial marriage. Fat chance." I said.

"You seem upset. Did you fall in love with a man of another race?" He asked intrigued.

Now it was my turn to laugh. And laugh I did.

"I could care less what that law v said. Love doesn't exist and if  it  does in not doing it. Plus marriage isn't in my plans. Sorry to burst your bubble." I said.

"Now that sounds like a challenge. Making you fail in love with me " he am smiled.

"You're Highness challenge excepted." I smiled.