Truth or Dare: Chapter 6

One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day.  Don’t clean it up too quickly.  ~Andy Rooney

Whoa, what is this?  Bubble land?  I glanced around, standing up nervously.  I was surrounded by bubbles everywhere.  Behind, in front of me, under me… glancing down, I frantically realized I was standing on top of a bubble-- and if it popped, well there goes a twenty foot drop to my doom.  Gulping a took a single step.  Suddenly, Elena and Dylan popped out of no where.

“Hey, hop onto the bubble-train.”  Dylan grinned, pointing at the ‘train’ they were on.  If you could even call it a train.  Basically it was a long string of bubbles.  How they managed to sit on it without popping it is a mystery to me.

“Uh, actually I--”  I never got to finish as Elena pushed me onto the train and climbed in after me. 

“We are going to Bubble Land!”  She screamed, as the train started picking up speed.  Suddenly, everything turned into a blur.  Next thing I knew, we were pulling into a little park, with a sign that said ‘Welcome to Bubble Land, Enjoy your stay’.  Well, what do you know, there is such a thing as Bubble Land.

As soon as we hopped off, a bubble figure (girl or guy, I could not tell) ran over to us, handing us each something unique.  Dylan got a bubble sword, one that I hoped dearly was harmless.  Elena ended up with a big bubble bouncy ball, that actually could bounce.  What ever happened to popping? 

I ended up with the best thing ever.  A bubble puppy.  My heart melted for the adorable little thing, as it playfully jumped around me, licking me all over.  I picked it up, surprised that it felt solid.

“You’re so adorable,”  I murmured to myself, cuddling the puppy close.  “I think I’m going to name you--”

RING!  I jumped violently, just in time to see Dylan take a swing at me with his sword.  Eyes wide, I dodged his attempts, shouting for him to stop that nonsense and that it wasn’t funny.  As soon as I said that, he swung at me one last time, hitting me square in the chest.  

RING!

I jumped up violently, giving a little cry of pain as I hit my head on the cupboard right above me.  After a moment of lying down, I finally realized just where I was.  Some how, I had managed to roll out of my bed, tangle my self in my blankets, and hit the floor, hard.  Wincing, I slowly sat back up, and slammed a hand on my alarm clock that was still annoyingly ringing.  Blearily, I let out a huge yawn, and rubbed my eyes awake.  Turning to my alarm clock, I realized, quickly, that it was 5:00 A.M.  I lied back down.  It was way to early to be waking up, even if it is-- Christmas!

I bolted back up again, hitting my head once again on the cupboard.  Grimacing in pain, I jumped out of my bed and stumbled into my brother’s room.  When I finally found the light, I flicked it on, blinking back the black dots.

“Wake up, Jason.”  I half sleep walked and laid onto his bed.

“Wow, you are definitely not a morning person.”  My brother observed, already dressed and ready.  I groaned, and swatted my hand at him, missing miserably.  “Come on sleepy head, from all that racket you were making, I’m surprised you didn’t wake up the entire neighborhood.”  I muttered a phrase that sounded indistinctively like ‘shut up’ but he ignored me.

“No, no!  Don’t do that Dylan! Don’t murder me with that bubble sword.”  My brother mimicked, pretending to run from an invisible attacker.  “Why were you scared of a bubble sword anyways?”  He asked curiously.