Truth or Dare: Chapter 7

Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.  ~Unknown

I gawked at the mirrored image of myself in horror.  How does my hair even do that?    After a bit of tugging and pulling and a lot of water, I managed to get it looking somewhat decent.  Patting down my hair again, I headed into my closet, picking my way through the piles of dirty clothes that I randomly threw into the doorway.

Mental note: Do laundry more often.

“Kylie!  Do you want to be late or not?”  My darling mother cried for the fiftieth time.  

“Coming!”  I called back, randomly picking out any two outfits from my closet that looked vaguely good together.  Feeling extremely nervous and self conscious, I wiggled into the clothes that I picked.  With one last unsatisfied look in the mirror, I hurried downstairs.  Sliding to a stop, I grabbed a glass of milk, ignoring my mothers disapproving glares.

“Kylie, you have to start being a morning person.  From how long it takes for you to officially wake up, I would think that you‘re staying up late.”  My mother scolded from the kitchen, holding a plate with two hard boiled eggs, a slice of whole wheat toast, a sausage patty, and two pancakes.   “Now eat all your nutrients.”

I stared blankly at this feast.  “I’m suppose to eat…”  I drifted off, pointing at the meal she was giving me.

“Yes.”  She said firmly, handing me a fork.  “I want you to stay healthy and eat nutritious.  That way you can grow taller.  You see, in this meal you have protein, grains…”  Her voice drifted into the background, as I dug my way through the meal, taking in huge quantities of milk.

“Fruits!”  My mom suddenly exclaimed, looking panicked.  “I completely forgot that I should give you an apple in the morning too.”  Muttering disapprovingly to herself, she bustled back into the kitchen and quickly washed an apple for me to eat.  Hurrying back, she dropped to apple in front of me.  “Oh dear, how could I forget such an important fundamental part to the growth of a young teenage girl.”  I snorted, the milk coming out of my nose.  

“Kylie!”  She cried in horror, grabbing a dozen napkins and patting me down.  “That was very unladylike, imagine if--”

“Mom, calm down,”  I grabbed the napkins from her, wiping myself off.  “You’d think I’m off to marry the prince, not the first day of school.”  

“You must make a good impression towards the teacher okay?  Remember to be polite, smile and greet--”

“Mom…”  I groaned.  “Spare me the lecture.”

She pursed her lips at me, but stopped talking.

“I honestly can not eat another bite.”  I stared at my leftovers after a moment of silence.  Half a piece of toast, the entire sausage patty, and one whole pancake.

“Eat it--”

“Will you look at the time?”  I exclaimed, ignoring her comments.  It was already 6:35 and school started at 7:00.  Not that I would be late.  It took a mere ten minute walk to get to school.  

“You won’t be--”

“I might be late!  Who knows, I might get nervous and get lost on the first day.  Besides, I have to go to the office and all and get my schedule and locker.”  I interjected, using every excuse I could think of to wiggle out of eating the breakfast.

“I’ll just drive you there.”  My mom triumphed.  “Now eat.” 

***After ten minutes under my mother’s glare***

“Done.”  I slammed down my glass of milk.  Frowning, I stared down at my now slightly enlarged belly.  “Look what you did.”  I accused my mom, trying my best to suck it in.

“Well, if you went--”  Before she could finish, I dashed into the bathroom to relieve myself, in other words, pee.  Feeling refreshed, I stepped back out, trying to avoid looking in the mirror.  I could do without a lowered self-esteem on my first day back to school in a completely new world.  At the thought of that, my stomach turned, and the nervousness I was feeling before came back.

“You done?”  Mom called from the garage.

“Yes,”  I replied back, swallowing down my nerves.  Grabbing my sky blue backpack, I rushed into the shotgun of the car.  Nervously, I clenched and unclenched my fingers over and over again. 

“You ready?”  Mom glanced at me from the driver’s seat.

“Yes.”  I lied.  I was most definitely not ready.

************************************************************************************************************

Yes, I know it is kind of short (actually really short... the shortest I've ever written, that isn't a prologue that is...), sorry about that.  I just felt that this needed to be a seperate chapter from the next one...(which is personally one of my favorites...) Anyways that doesn't stop you from Voting, Commenting, and Fanning does it?  I hate to sound repetitive but VOTE COMMENT AND FAN!!! :D  And it'll be AMAZING if you guys could spread the word out.  I'd love you forever!!

By the way, yes my mom is that kind of person "YOU NEED THIS NUTRIENT blah blah blah" >D  Tell me, do your parents do that too?

~Laura(XxIcyxX)