Truth or Dare: Chapter 19

Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.  ~Benjamin Franklin

“How was it?”

“Fun.”

“What was it like?”

“Fun.”

“What is he like?”

“A turtle.”

“Really?”

“Ever heard of sarcasm?”

“Does he like you?”

“No, he hates me.”

“Did you guys kiss?”

“Uh, ew no.”

“Are you guys engaged?”

“NO!”

“Are you guys going to have a baby?”

“Dear, gosh, no!”

“Did you touch his--”

“OH MY GOSH NO!”

“Do you like waffles?”

“N-why, uh, yes I do?”

“Does Ethan like them too?”

I rolled my eyes, biting the inside of my cheeks to prevent screaming obscenities at the persistent gaggle of girls that were currently following me around everywhere.  First day back on Monday, two days after the date that wasn’t even really a date, and I was getting questioned like we did something bad.  Of course we didn’t do anything bad!  The closest we got to ‘bad’ was holding hands and me shrieking at the same time, and it wasn’t even for the reason most people would be thinking about right now.  

“Tough, isn’t it?”  Ever said, a little bitterly, as I managed to push through the crowd enough to get to her.

“Tell me about it,”  I groaned as I saw another girl approach me.  This time I actually recognized her, but that didn’t make me any more pleased.  “Save me.”  I pleaded, diving behind Ever who looked back at me in surprise.

“Hey there, Miss Popular,”  the Becca sneered at me, tossing her long blonde hair out of her face.

“She’s only popular cause she’s currently going out with Ethan,”  Jessica appeared behind her, also doing the hair flipping.  What was this, some sort of trend?

“You’re only jealous cause you aren’t,”  I snapped, refraining from mocking their ‘hair flip’.  If I had known this would have created such a big deal, I definitely would not have asked Ethan out.  I didn't need more of this in my world.

“Oh, puh-leeze,”  Jessica rolled her eyes.  “Me with Ethan White?”

“What do you guys want?”  Ever’s voice hardened as she stared harshly at the both of them.

“Nothing,”  Jessica shrugged, backing off.

“Then leave.”   To my surprise, they actually listened to her, but not before tossing me one last glance filled with hatred.  “I’m sorry about them,”  Ever turned back to me sympathetically.  

I shook my head in annoyance, “I don’t understand why people are making such a big deal out of this.  It’s a guy, one guy, and everyone’s acting like it’s the end of the world.  Heck, I’ve had senior girls approach me asking how it went!  And Ethan’s a freshman!”  I cried in exasperation.