Truth or Dare: Chapter 9

***Author's Note: This chapter is dedicated to Holly.  She's been one of the most amazing friends a girl can ask for, and, bonus, she is super supportive.  It'd be amazing if you guys could give her story a try-- it's called "The Change" and I promise, you won't regret it!!! It's an honest to goodness amazing story so check it out!! FOR ME :D or Kylie, or Ethan or Evelyn or... VV the people down there ;D Thanks!!  

************************************************************************************************************

Friendship… is not something you learn in school.  But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.  ~Muhammad Ali

Taking a deep breath, I opened the door, prepared to be looked over, scanned, and evaluated by eyes from all different age groups.  Heart racing, I cleared my throat, waiting for the instructor to notice the newcomer--moi.  The teacher looked up from his desk, and immediately, my breath caught in my throat.  

Mental note:  Next time I meet a high ranking personnel like the President, Queen of England, Head of the Ministry of Magic, etc. I mention that hot teachers should be banned from all high schools due to causing distractions, momentarily forgetfulness, embarrassing moments, and things that may be counter intuitive to our learning. 

My homeroom teacher looked around twenty, twenty-five at the most.  He had dirty blonde hair and the warmest brown eyes.  He looked extremely fit.  Each muscle on his arms were defined, and his shirt showed that he clearly had a very nice set of abs.  I gaped at him, mouth wide opened, for several long seconds, wondering what I should say.  For some oddball reason, I highly doubt that “Wow, mister, you’re hot.”  would be on my mom’s list of ‘Polite ways to greet a teacher’.  

So I went with a simple and quiet, “Hello.”

“Hello, and you must be the new student,”  He looked down at his attendance chart then back at me.  “Kylie Verita?”

“Yes,”  I answered, hearing my voice shoot up two octaves.  Silently, I cursed my inability to talk to grown-ups using my normal tone.  “That’s me.”  I said, or more like squeaked.

“Good, I suppose you got lost on your way here?”  

I nodded, feeling embarrassed, thinking about Ethan and Evelyn.  If only I had sucked up my pride long enough to ask Ethan advice from the start.  Then I wouldn’t be wandering into class this late.

“Alright then, take a seat next to Chez LaRae.  Chez, please raise your hand.  I won‘t mark you tardy this time, but next time I‘m warning you,”  He waved his finger teasingly.  Nodding mutely, I shuffled over to the only seat available; the second row to the back, next to the girl whom the teacher had called Chez LaRae.  She turned to smile at me, opening her mouth as if to speak, but then immediately turned back to face the front as the teacher cleared his throat louder than necessary.  He gave a stern look towards Chez LaRae, and she smiled back sheepishly.

“Hello class, I suppose I must reintroduce myself because we have a new student here,”  His eyes twinkled in my direction, and I felt my cheeks become instantly red.  “My name is Mr. Pophead.”  he took out a marker and started writing his name out on the white board.  “Please refrain from calling me poo head or pop head.  It is poe-fed, and I prefer you call me that.”  I snorted at the joke, trying to contain my laughter.  Then I realized, to my great embarrassment, the entire class was looking at me make a complete fool out of my self.  I averted my eyes from their gaze, feeling myself flushing bright red.  Why did I have to laugh so easily?  I groaned silently to myself, wishing I could just sink right through this chair and disappear beneath the ground.