Truth or Dare: Chapter 39

A/N: It's been too long.  I'm sorry guys for the delay; I really am. But this is it!! Long too!!

Anyways, dedicated to dementedwars for sticking with me for so long and giving me comments that make me smile everytime I read them :D  (Not even being cheesy)  Thank you so much!!!

<<Vote?!  vv Comment?! ENJOY!
************************************************************************************************************

Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them. ~Albus Dumbledore (From Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling) 

My blood ran cold at his question, and my throat closed up suddenly.  I closed my eyes heavily, feeling my mind go dizzy.  Everything turned into a haze as my mind repeated his question over and over again.

What?

Weakly, I sank to the ground and stared up at Ethan who was looking at me both pleadingly and worriedly.  Slowly, I lowered my gaze towards the ground unsure how to respond.  Part of me was feeling ecstatic but the other part.  The more sensible part of me wanted to scream at him.  That part wanted me to ask: Why should I give you of all people a second chance?

“Kylie,”  he said gently causing me to jerk my head up at the sudden noise, “you really do mean a--”

“You should have thought of that before,”  I forced out sarcastically.  He fell silent unable to say anything.  Immediately, a guilty feeling washed over me as I realized how harsh my words had sounded.  

Yea, that’s me and my conscience.

“Well, I wasn’t thinking!”  He defended himself.

“No really?”  

“Kylie.”

“Ethan,”  I mimicked, “I don’t think you know what you are asking for.”

“Why don’t you tell me?”  

“Um, let me think.  You choose to listen to your ex which already says a lot.  You picked her over me,”  I said, not caring that I probably sounded extremely selfish.  “And that was on whim too!  I have no idea what you would do next.”

“Look, she forced--”

“She didn’t force anything!  Okay, fine.  How about if I went up to you and said ‘I will never ever talk to you again unless you kick Evelyn out of the group’?  What would you do?  Who would you choose?”  Exasperated, I felt the rising anger boil to the surface.

“I’d--”

“Exactly,”  I cut in, “you have no idea.  No priorities.  Just whoever you think will be better for you during that circumstance.”

“Dang it, Kylie, will you let me finish?”  He cried in frustration.  I fell momentarily silent, taking a break from my venting.  Inside, I felt a rush of emotions wash over me and immediately, the result was exhaustion.  “I’d pick you, okay?  That thing… that thing at Disneyland was just not what… you have to understand!”

I crossed my arms huffily.  “Then you’ll have to make me understand.”

“The past few days has been just torture.  You don’t understand!  I never realized how much you meant to me until… until that happened!  And I want you back,”  he pleaded.  

“I missed you too,”  I mumbled under my breath.

“Then understand me.”

Automatically, I softened up a bit, trying to understand what he was saying.  Truth is, I did understand what he meant.  He only knew me for maybe half a year, but he knew Ever for much longer.  In fact, ever since 7th grade.  Of course he wouldn’t want her leaving.  Closing my eyes, I tried to place myself within that situation.