Truth or Dare: Chapter 29

***Author's Note: Ah, I want to thank EVERYONE for their continuous support.  Seriously, without you guys, I think I would have lost hope a long time ago (sounds super cheesey but it is sooo true).  Anyways, again, I want to remind you that I am entering in the Watty Awards so...

<-- Press the vote button?  Press all four buttons?  Please :3  At least do it once your done with this chapter ^-^  Thanks and enjoy this chapter~~ 

************************************************************************************************************

As I go through all kinds of feelings and experiences in my journey through life -- delight, surprise, chagrin, dismay -- I hold this question as a guiding light: "What do I really need right now to be happy?" What I come to over and over again is that only qualities as vast and deep as love, connection and kindness will really make me happy in any sort of enduring way. ~Sharon Salzberg

“Oh my gosh,”  I stared wildly at Ethan, “what the heck do you think you are doing?”

He smiled a murderous smile at me, his teeth glistening white in the pitch darkness of the cave we were currently in.  That is, a cave with no exits.  In his hand was a wand, a well defined wand at that point.  “Don’t move a muscle,”  he demanded, glaring down at me.

“Or what?”  I shot back, eyeing his wand warily, “and what are you doing with that?”

Ethan whispered a word and suddenly the wand shot out a bright green light that illuminated the entire cave and left dots in my vision.  Impossible.  I stared at him for several long moments, incomprehension visible in my face.

“I’m a wizard,”  Ethan declared openly.

I gawked at him.

“And I’m a vampire,”  a deep voice came from behind me.  I swiveled around to come face to face with a very vicious look Aiden.  Was it just me, or were his teeth slightly elongated and much more canine-like.  “And we are going to kill you.”

Talk about directness.  With shock, I reeled  away from him, my arms flailing as I lost my footing, “What?”

“You heard me.”  He reached out to grab me.  I jerked away violently, but the momentum sent me tumbling into Ethan’s arms.  He smirked maliciously at me, raising his wand with an evil tinge in his eyes.  I automatically felt the air grow colder, soon to the point where there were ice crystals forming along the walls.  I shivered at the sudden temperature drop, wondering what could have possibly caused it. 

My gaze drifted to Ethan who was still smiling a horribly creepy smile at me.  I tried taking a step back, but his tight grip on my arm refused to loosen up.

He pointed his wand in a threatening way at me.  “You see the thing is--”

I woke with a start, sweat drenching my brows, my eyes flitting nervously around my room taking in how dark it was both outside and in.  Taking several deep breaths to calm myself down, I turned to the alarm clock next to me and realized that I had another three hours to sleep until it was officially time to get up.  Suppressing a groan, I plopped back onto my mattress, my mind reeling from the nightmare I just had.  Aiden’s vampire thing is really getting to me, I contemplated, laughing silently a little hesitantly at my crazy dream, but that wizard thing was completely different.  And what was the thing Ethan was talking about?  At that thought, I sank deeper into the material.  I need to stop dreaming up crazy stuff like that.