Featured Author- Michelle007

You have probably heard of the first featured author, and if you haven't- then where have you been hiding!?

Michelle007, or Michelle Hayes, has made a name for herself on the site with her suspenseful paranormal romance novels- The first of which, a stand alone novel called Invoke The second (a personal favourite of mine) How deep the roots go. The Sequel of which- The Vines of Blood and Ash- Is now being posted.

As an active member of Wattpad and panellist on the live YouTube show 'The Corner Booth' - it may come as a surprise to many that she also has a chronic illness called Lyme disease.

For those of you who don't know what Lyme disease is, here is a quick definition-

Lyme disease is an inflammatory disease characterized at first by a rash, headache, fever, and chills, and later by possible arthritis and neurological and cardiac disorders, caused by bacteria that are transmitted by ticks.

So Michelle, what are your symptoms and how do they effect your daily life.

In the beginning I was uncertain of what was going on with my body. I had no sign of a tick bite, so that was the furthest thing from my mind. I was exhausted a lot, had an accompanying a headache, body aches, and lastly, heart palpitations.

It sounds like a confusing time for you! Lyme disease is notoriously hard to be diagnosed with- How did you feel when you were finally diagnosed?

Relieved, but a little perturbed that it was caught late. I was not only diagnosed with Lyme, but Ehrlichia, which is like a cousin of Lyme- double whammy!

I had gone through extensive testing- expensive tests, because of my heart doing this flip-flop dance in my chest that scared the hell out of me. However, once I had the diagnosis, I was ready for the antibiotics and healing.

How much, if any, has living with an invisible illness influenced your writing?

None... I write paranormal and horror, so a tick bite wouldn't quite fit in. Then again, perhaps it could.... Hmmmmm. JK

Haha! Now that would be a twist! -Would you ever consider writing a character who has Lyme disease?

I'm not certain.

Why do you think campaigns like #visible are important?

Fundamentally, it builds awareness and support in a manner that is befitting of Wattpad, but also allows for others to engage who share similar ailments, but more importantly, it's an effective way to reach people, showcasing the layers of us being simply human.

I absolutely agree! There can never be enough awareness and support. So, diversity in literature is a hot topic at the moment, what does diversity mean to you?

I feel it means to allow for anything within literature. No holds barred so to speak.

There has, and always will be, various forms of writing, and I respect every style.

Thank you so much Michelle! As always, it's lovely to talk to you!