Captivation Part 52

Jacinto insisted that Jared bring his family round on the following Friday night for a meal to discuss wedding plans, given Jared was insisting on getting married in six weeks time! That first week as a couple passed very quickly for many reasons. But it culminated in that meeting when all the key members of both 'families' met for the first time. Georgia, Elias, Sophie and baby Adam met Douglas, Ryan, Ryan's wife, Charlie, and Doug's grandmother a week after Adam was born. Jared's sister, Ailsa was in Australia and unable to be there. Jared was worried about that first meeting. It wasn't as if the two families had that much in common. But it hadn't taken them long to find commonality. Single parent families being one. Though the circumstances resulting in that status were far from shared. Doug's grandmother and Jacinto also appeared to have similar values and beliefs. Which they did not bother to hide when it came to discussing wedding plans. The importance of family, was probably the core value that was shared by all present in the room that first time they had all met. It only took a few stilted minutes before they broke the ice and settled in to an open discussion about the wedding.

Doug's grandmother and Jacinto had definite ideas about the wedding, including its scale. Jared and Caitlin found themselves having to justify why they wanted a low key small event. They were both relieved they had spent time when they met up during the week talking about the type of wedding they wanted. They wanted a small intimate wedding. Georgia, Elias, Doug, Ryan and Charlie just enjoyed watching Jared and Caitlin bring her father and Doug's grandmother's plans round to ensure that the wedding Jared and Caitlin wanted gradually took shape. It was a couple of hours into the gathering when they realized they hadn't arranged for the takeaway they had planned to have. So a hurried order was placed for a Vietnamese meal to be delivered by a local restaurant, and then the small party settled down to talk about other matters and to play with baby Adam. It was just fortunate that Adam was an accommodating, happy baby, for he was passed around as everyone was clucky, including Doug, and they all wanted to cuddle him.

That was a week ago. Since then Caitlin and Jared had met every night at the Fonseca house to discuss and work through arrangements for the wedding. But on Friday Jared had an office party to attend, and he'd asked Caitlin to come to the party with him. He wanted his workforce to meet his wife-to-be. Not surprisingly Jared and Caitlin were the centre of attention from the minute they'd arrived. At the party they had remained close to each other as Jared introduced her to various colleagues and staff. But given the scrutiny, Jared and Caitlin remained circumspect and touch was limited to a hand at her waist or holding hands occasionally. From all angles the party was a success and a lot of fun but it was only a couple of hours later before Jared and Caitlin decided to call it a night. Feeling like naughty children they snuck out before anyone really noticed.

Jared and Caitlin knew that going back to her house would have meant company as her father would be home. That had certainly been the case over the last couple of weeks. Jared and Caitlin had been out for meals, and to the theatre, and every time they had returned to her house, Jacinto was at home and awake!

Going back to Jared's house gave Jared and Caitlin a bit of personal space. It was Caitlin's suggestion that they head back to Jared's house for a night cap. He was only too happy to accommodate her request.

So it was hardly surprising that they had only just entered the house when Jared tugged her into a cuddle and drew her close for a kiss. He'd been wanting to do that throughout the evening. But with his entire workforce watching his every move at the party, he had settled for biding his time. "Did I tell you how gorgeous you look this evening?" He murmured against her lips.

"Yes." She giggled as his lips traced hers. This is what she had hoped for. This moment. Caitlin broke off the kiss and gathered her wits, "Night cap, remember?" She leaned back in his arms and smiled up at him.