Captivation- Epilogue- Part 55

Dressed in her standard night attire of a t-shirt and light cotton shorts, Caitlin slid into bed beside Jared when he held the duvet aloft for her. "You ok?" Jared asked when he noticed she seemed somewhat preoccupied. "You seem a bit distracted." He told her as she settled down beside him, and snuggled close. Jared leaned forward and kissed her nose and then her lips. Then he propped his head back on his palm and once again studied her, "So what's up?"

That was another thing she was grateful for. He wasn't overly keen on dissecting every moment, but then neither was Caitlin. He was however open to talking about feelings. "I think," Caitlin frowned and then corrected herself, "actually more than that, given I've done the test." She turned her head to look at him and announced baldly, "I'm pregnant."

Jared's eyes widened. She watched the myriad of emotions that flew through his eye. Shock. Happiness. Wonder. Excitement. Pride. His lips kicked up at the corners. "Pregnant?"

"Yes."

In a microsecond Jared reached for her, hauled her to him, rolled onto his back and pulled her atop him as he wrapped his arms around her and hugged her. "For sure?"

Caitlin giggled as she rolled into his hug. "Well, according to the pregnancy test kit. Yes. I peed on three sticks! They all say yes!" She told him in shock herself. For days she'd felt different. She was pretty regular with her periods so when those failed in the last couple of months, she had wondered. But it was only tonight, before she came to bed that she decided to do the test.

Jared laughed. She felt his chest shake against hers as he chuckled. "Three?"

"I wanted to be sure." Caitlin admitted sheepishly. The first one she'd done was positive, but just to make sure she hadn't done anything wrong she'd repeated it. When that came back positive, she was in shock. So she figured she ought to just check one more time to be absolutely sure.

Jared laughed again. Caitlin was forever saying that Georgia was OCD and had to check things in triplicate! "And you tease Georgia of ..."

"I wanted to be sure before I told you." Caitlin smacked his naked chest lightly. Unlike her, Jared slept topless.

"Pregnant!" Jared kissed the top of her head.

Caitlin smiled as she lay sprawled on top of him and pressed a reciprocal kiss to his bare chest, just above his nipple, and as to be expected she felt his response. But she ignored that as she told him, "I'm not sure how far, but I've missed my period the last couple of months." She folded her arms on his chest and levered up, "I will make an appointment to see the doc. Do you think he'll need heaps of notice for an appointment?"

He shook his head and then shifted her slightly, for with her lips so close to his nipple, and her breath and lips teasing him every time she spoke, he knew that if she continued to arouse him as she was then she'd be on her back in seconds and this conversation would come to a temporary halt. So he eased her gently sideways.

"Speaking of notice." She rolled off him, to lie beside him, fully aware that he was responding to her body contact. That still never failed to amaze her. That with very little effort she could turn this man on! With his arm beneath her shoulder, her head resting against his chest, Jared's hand stroked her upper arm and gave her a gentle squeeze. "Did you talk to Doug?"

Jared laughed and gently. "You announce you are pregnant and then change the topic like that!"

"Ok, but it's not as if there's much more to say about me being pregnant!" Caitlin told him. She could hear it in his voice. He was chuffed. She was just being cautious.