3. Understanding

I know I know, this is very short, but a friend is coming over so I just had to write this in a hurry. I hope you like it though. Next chapter will be longer, promise!

READ, COMMENT & VOTE! x

--------------------------------------------------------------

Aubrey's POV

I headed back to the cabin. I was kinda nervous meeting Justin again. I would be lying if I said that he didn't scare me, 'cause he did. The hate in his eyes... I wonder what caused that. Pattie said that he didn't use to be like this. What changed him? Maybe there is a chance finding the old Justin. And I guess that was my job. Just fantastic.

I opened the door carefully to see Justin sitting on his bed, that was next to mine, packing out. He didn't look up when I came in. Without a word, I went over to my bed, opened my bag and took out a book. Dear John, by Nicholas Sparks. I loved Nicholas' books. He was just an amazing writer. I flopped down on my bed, found my pages, and started reading. But my mind wouldn't focus on the book. I kept giving side glances towards Justin, who was placing some thing on the commode.

I sighed when I realized that I didn't have a clue of what I was reading. Fron the corner of my eye I saw Justin take out a picture. He let his thumb brush gently against it. I could see his face expression though, due to the fact that he's back was facing me. Curiosity took over me.

"Who's that in the picture?" I asked, regretting it seconds later. And I knew I was right regretting it.

Justin turned around, raising an eye brown with a cocky expression on his face. I cringed a little. "Non of your fucking business," he growled angrily.

This actually hurt me a little. I was just trying to be nice. I held my hands up, like in a surrender. "Well alright then. Sorry for caring," I muttered, standing up.

I turned around, wanting to go hide in the bathroom, when I heard Justin sigh. "Aubrey, wait."

I turned around so I was facing him, crossing my arms around my chest. He sighed again. This better be good. "Aubrey, I'm sorry," he said with a sincere look on his face, his eyes not angry for the first time since we got here. He said my name in a way that made me feel something.

I smiled slightly. "It's fine." Justin motioned me to come over. I hesitated a little, before slowly walking over, sitting on the edge of his bed.

Justin let out a half-hearted laugh. "Come a little closer, I won't bite. At least not you," he said, winking. I rolled my eyes, moving a little closer, so my arm was brushing against his.

He looked at the picture, suddenly looking really sad. "Her name is Isabelle. She was my girlfriend."

"What do you mean was?" I whispered, afraid he would become angry, but he just sighed.

"She uhm, she left me two years ago. She got a job as a model, and decided that traveling the world modeling was more important than our relationship," he breathed out.

I looked closer at the photo, my heart sinking. My eyes landed straight at Justin, not sure if it was him or not. The kid in the photo looked so happy. He smiled really big, his eyes sparkling with happiness as they focused on the girl. I tore my eyes away from Justin, and looked at the girl. My first impression was that she was pretty. Long brown hair, and beautiful eyes. She was a few inches shorter than Justin, and looked really happy too. They looked like the happy couple in a fairytale. But I guess the fairytale turned into a nightmare instead.

"I am so sorry Justin," I whispered, now understanding why Justin has been acting the way he is. He is just afraid. He's afraid to let people in, in case the leave. He is afraid to love again.

Justin looked up from the picture, he's gaze meeting mine. He's eyes started to water, showing nothing but hurt and pain. He looked really vulnerable. This boy really had some mood-swings. Without a word, I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him into a hug. He wrapped his arms around my wast, burying his face in the crock of my neck.

I felt his chest move, and he sobbed quietly, making my t-skirt weat. I felt that tears were threating to fall from my eyes too. It's been two years, and Justin hadn't moved on yet. Man, he must have really loved this girl.

After a few minutes, we pulled away. Justin looked at me with puffy eyes, and tear-stained cheeks.

"Thank you," he sniffled, before heading for the bathroom, closing the door quietly.

I wiped the few tears that had escaped my eyes too, with my fingers, before smiling slightly. Even though this was the first day, Justin did actually open up to me. I just hope he knows that he could trust me. I smiled at my little accomplishment.

He just needed somebody to understand him. He just needed somebody to be there for him. Somebody to comfort him. Even though I only met him like today, I felt that this somebody could be me.

--------------------------------------------------

I thought this chapter was a little cute! He opened up. He won't be opening up the whole time though. What do you guys think!

PLEASE READ, COMMENT AND VOTE! It means a lot x

Bye beautiful people xxx