17. I love you

Hey everyone, sorry for the late update! You see, school has started and I'm kinda stressed. I have alot of things to do. BUT, I put in a lot of effort with this chapter, to make up with the long time you waited.

This is one of my favorite chapters, and one of the most romantic ones.

Enjoy!

------------------------------------

Aubrey's POV

My eyes started to water. "That's right. My first love broke my heart. And you know what I use to say to him all the time? Those three simple words, but obviously it didn't mean anything to him."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, trying to hold in my tears. Justin's face fell, and his eyes glistered with regret.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry," he whispered.

He came closer holding out his arms, but I just took a step back, rejecting his offer. I took a deep breath, and shock my head. I was not going to break down again.

"No, I should be the one apologizing," I admitted, not sure if my voice was going to hold. "I should have just told you the truth."

This time I let Justin wrap his strong arms around me. He led me to the bed, laying down and pulling me down with him.

He pulled me close to his side, wrapping his arms around me. I had my head in the crock of his neck, closing my eyes.

"Then what is it?" He finally asked, breaking the silence. He didn't sound angry, he just sounded concerned.

I sighed. "His name was Finn. He was my first real boyfriend. It was our one year anniversary. I though he loved me, but I guess he didn't."

I felt Justin's arms tighten around me. I thought back at the memory, the first time in a long time now.

*FLASHBACK*

"I love you," Finn said, his crystal green eyes locking with mine. He had a small smile on his lips.

"Aww," I giggled. Even though I was 16 already, I still acted like a child. "I love you too Finnick," I cooed, kissing him softly on the lips. We told each other that we loved each other all the time, and it was just as cute every time.

"Don't you dare call me that," he warned playfully when we pulled apart. I laughed. Finn hated his whole name. I thought it was cute.

"Whatever you say Finnick."

I stuck my tongue at him, rolling my eyes. He got an evil look in his eyes. Before I knew it, I was laying down on the grass, two large hands on my sides.

I screamed out in laughter; I really hate being tickled. I squealed and rolled around, the people walking pass us looking at us weird. That was their problem.

"Promise me that you'll never call me that again," Finn shouted.

"N-NEVER!" I gasped out. He continued to tickle me.

"O-okay! I won't call-call you that again. Promise!" I said, surrendering.

I gasped out relieved when I felt his hands disappear. Instead, his head popped in my view. He sat on my stomach, his legs on each side of me.

I got hypnotized by his beautiful face. He was almost to beautiful to be real. Some of his chestnut brown hair fell down on his for head, making a slightly shadow over his emerald green eyes. Those eyes. You could stare into them forever.

He stared back at me, biting his perfectly plump lip.

"I love you," he whispered again, softly. It was like the time froze, it was only us two.