8. "She's up to no good."

Hi guys! I just wanted to say thank you for all your nice comments and voting, it means a lot to me! I hope you will continue to give my story lots of love, it's really apreciated!

Imagine Alex to look something like Zac Efron on that picture ------------->

So here's the next chapter. Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------

Aubrey's POV

"Your sister is not coming back from vacation. She never left. She's.. she's dead."

I watched how Jake's chest sunk down, and his facial expression changed from excited to sad. It killed me to see him like that.

"What?" he barely whispered out. You could see his baby blue eyes slowly starting to water.

"I'm so sorry," I replied. "But it's not as bad as you think," I added quickly, not wanting to see him cry.

"Really?" he asked, suddenly hopeful. I smiled, grabbing his tiny hand in mine.

"Really. I'm sure she's up in heaven smiling down at you know," I said. Jake's eyes became big and his mouth slightly partnered. "Heaven?" he asked again, scrunching his eyebrows in confusion.

"Heaven is a beautiful, peaceful place. There's no evil, no war, no pain,only peace there. Your sister was a good person right?" I asked, getting a nod in answer. "Then I'm sure she's there."

I looked up at the sky, sighing. "She's probably watching us right now, with my dad." And that's how it slipped out. But I knew I didn't regret telling him.

"Your daddy is also up in heaven?" Jake asked, shocked. I smiled a sad smile, feeling a tear roll down my cheek. I haven't told anyone that, besides my closest friend. Jake gently wiped away the tear with his index and middle finger.

"Don't cry please," he whispered, holding onto my hand. I took in a shaking breath. How did it turn out that I was the one crying, and he the one comforting? No, I was not going to break down in front of a kid. I had to be strong. It shocked me though, how mature Jake was. He was only seven, but had been through a lot, making him sound so much older than other kids his age.

"I'm sure they are in a better place now," he continued, looking thoughtful, cuddling into my side, making me want to go 'aww'. That made me think of something.

"Jake?" I asked. "Why is it that you like me so much?"

"You remind me alot of my sister. When I'm with you, it's like I'm with her too," he answered quietly.

To say I was surprised was an understatement. But at least I knew why now.

"Ready to go back?" I stood up, pulling Jake up with me. I quickly wiped away another teat that had fallen. We walked in silence back to Alex, who was patiently waiting for us outside the cabin.

"You alright lil' man?" Alex asked concerned. Jake just nodded back, and smiled bravely. God bless this kid.

----------------------------------------

I spend the rest of the evening hanging out with Alex, finding out a lot of things about him. His whole name was Alexander James Newman, he was a senior just like me, and it turned out that I actually had biology with him, but that we never noticed each other. He was really nice and funny, and I found out that I really liked him. As a friend.

I walked up the three stair to my (and Justin's) cabin, exhausted. It was now midnight, and all I wanted to do was to snuggle into my covers, and fall asleep.