13. He kissed me

Hello everyone! How are you? Anyways, thank you for voting and fanning, it means a lot to me! I can't believe this book has gotten 3000 reads! Like that stuff just doesn't happen to me. But since it has, thank you so much! I'm truly grateful.

So I updated earlier. I think you will like this chapter, especially the end. Mehehe.

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------

Aubrey's POV

He was there. My dad. Right in front of me, staring at me. He looked just like the last time I saw him, just less angry. I wanted to speak, but not a single sound escaped my throat. He came closer, his hand reaching out. I copied his action, wanted to feel his warmth again so bad. But just as I was about to reach him, he was gone.

"Aubrey! Can you hear me?" A very familiar voice shouted, sounding panicked.

I wanted to just stay here. In the dark, searching for my dad, but I started to slowly wake up.

I fluttered my eyes. I slowly opened them. I was laying on my bed. Rain was pouring down outside, and thunder and lightning struck through the sky.

"Thank god you're awake," Justin breathed out, relieved. He was sitting beside me, looking down at me.

The memories started to float in, and I started to shake with fright again. I sat up, too quickly so my head started to throb. I then looked frantically around the room, and out the window. The rain made in impossible to see anything.

"Are you okay?" Justin asked, quite frightened. "You just fainted, and now you're acting strange."

I realized that Justin didn't have the slightest clue on what was going on. So I searched the floor, and found my phone. With shaking fingers, I managed to unlock it. I showed him the message, just as the lightning struck outside, making a roaring sound.

"Shit," Justin cursed, his eyes travelling around the screen. "Do you know who it is?"

I shook my head. "The number is blocked," I replied, stating the obvious.

"Stay away from him? Who is him?"

"Justin," I whispered. His eyes met mine. "I can only imagine it to be you."

His eyes widened, and his mouth slightly parted. I felt the chills run down my spine.

"This is just so creepy," I continued, chuckling a little. Slowly, my panic attack faded away and I was back to normal. "Maybe I need to go home, or at least switch cabin with someone-"

"No," Justin cut me quickly. His eyes got a bit darker. "You're gonna stay here with me, I will protect you. Nothing's gonna happen to you, I'll make sure of that. You'll be safe."

I couldn't help it, I felt a smile slowly spreading across my face. "What, you're going to be my 'superman'?" I asked, air-quoting superman with my fingers.

"I can try," he replied, shrugging.

Another thunder roared outside, making me jump. "I hate thunder," I muttered.

Sighing, I stood up, pulling my hoodie down. I grabbed my phone, and deleted the message. I really hope that was just an empty threat.

I started to pace around the room, Justin's eyes following every move I made.

"I guess we're stuck here," I sighed, as the rain continued to pour down outside.

My phone started to ring, making the panic slightly rise up again. I relaxed when I saw that it was just from Alex.