Chapter Twelve - Groovy

(Harry's POV)

I just can't help but think about Natalie. Here's the thing...all my life I've heard about love and how powerful it is. Love is supposed to be this..I don't know this magical thing that you feel inside you I guess. And I don't think im weird for doing this, just curious but have you ever searched for it? Have you ever searched for love's true meaning?

I have. And whenever I search for it I read about how it makes you feel. It supposedly makes you feel butterflies in your stomach and you feel a strong desire to be with the other person. Now, don't get me wrong but I don't think that it's the right description for something that's so "powerful".

I was thinking this all the way to the restaurant. The guys and I decided to go out with our dates to eat before hitting the party. I parked my car and let out a deep sigh. I just sat there to think and I looked around me. Again its like the people on the streets mocked me. There was a happy looking couple holding hands and I just couldn't help but feel something horrible at the pit of my stomach.

A knock on my window got me out of my confusing thoughts.

"Are you coming or what?" Louis asked.

I grabbed my phone and got out of the car.

"Everyone's inside. Come on." Louis said closing the door for me. "Katie is here too."

"Louis I need to tell you..when I was at the office I wasn't ...alone."

"What are you-"

"I mean I was trapped in the office with a girl and I don't think I can go through this date with Katie."

"So you like the other girl? I mean really like like her?"

"Yes and I can't stop thinking about her and I don't know why its getting so hard to get her out of my thoughts. I- I just don't know what's wrong with me mate."

"So what are you planning to do with Katie?"

"I haven't got the slightest clue man, you tell me"

"Well...considering she's here and she's been waiting for you for quite sometime you should at least buy her dinner."

"I guess you're right..."

"Do you have the girls number? Did you ask her out already or something?"

"Actually no and no. I don't have her number and I really doubt we'll see each other again."

'"And you still want to blow off your date with Katie? Is it worth it?"

"Yes but , I mean." I sighed trying to organize my thoughts. "I guess...I guess i'll have to go through with this date anyways."

"Just, don't do anything you don't really want to do. Try being honest with Katie."

"Okay." I replied.

We both walked in the restaurant and Lou guided me to our table. The table seated ten people, and we sat in order of couples; Zayn and Perrie, Liam and Danielle, Niall and Yari, Louis and Eleanor, then me and Katie.

"Hey Harry, I've been waiting, where were you?" Katie asked flirtaciously.

"I was at the office, doing business." I responded.

After the small talk we order some food and ate.

"Do I look okay for this event? I don't look too much or anything?"

"You look very pretty tonight Katie." I smiled slightly and kept eating.

I seriously don't know what to say or do or anything! I feel out of my game today. It's plain awkward.