Ch.4: Small Talk

A/N: Yosh! I managed to make two chapters in one day! Yay!

P.S. I do not own Naruto...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tsubame’s POV

Meeting Hiruzen Sarutobi again was very pleasant. Despite growing old, his personality hasn’t changed one bit since the time I met him in my fox form. He was still the same kind, forgiving, strong yet lecherous man.

He easily believed my half-truth lie that I was a genin, which was true but my abilities would be considered ANBU level or higher. He gave me some money, an apartment key and a map with directions leading to the apartment.

I thanked him and was about to leave when he stopped me. I turned around and asked curiously to why he stopped me, “What is it Hokage-sama?”

He cleared his throat and called for one of the ninjas to come in and a Chunin entered carrying what looked like to be a headband protector. The  Chunin handed it to the Hokage and left the room. I tilted my head to the side slightly and the Hokage motioned for me to move forward.

I did and he handed me the headband protector. I had a big smile on my face and accepted it gratefully before actually leaving this time and soon bumped into Kakashi who was looking at me with a tired look on his face. I openly giggled in front of him and he deadpanned. “I see that you’ve gotten a headband protector. Anyway, where have you been?” He demanded.

“I was in the Hokage’s office just now Kakashi-kun~” I said to him with a smirk. “Where are you heading now?” He asked.

“Going to my new house!” I answered happily and jumped to a nearby roof. I absent-mindedly twirled a bit and then stopped so that I could ask him for directions despite the map the Hokage had given me. Not that I wouldn’t be able to find it because I stayed here years before but I couldn’t because it would arise suspicion from Kakashi.

He jumped and landed beside me to check my map. After a few seconds, he said, “Hmm…you live near me. I can show you the way there.”

I slapped his back and grinned, “Thanks Kakashi-kun!” Kakashi almost fell from the roof because of the strength I slapped his back with but he soon managed to regain his balance. He sweatdropped.

“Let’s go Kakashi-kun!” I yelled as I fist-pumped the air. Kakashi gestured for me to follow him and I did. We soon came across a normal looking neighborhood. We kept on walking until we stopped in front of a cream colored apartment.

We walked inside and then he pointed towards a room when we reached the third floor. I used the key to open it and then Kakashi walked on. This caught my attention so I sniffed. I smelled Kakashi’s scent a few rooms more.

“Kakashi, do you live in this building too?” I asked innocently. He answered with a bored tone, “Yeah, just a few rooms more.”

I grinned, “Cool! I’ll visit you every day then!” He was about to protest but I ignored it and entered my room. It was big and I liked it! The room was painted with a plain beige color. I entered the bedroom, the bed was big enough for two people and there were enough shelves for my books. There was also a table and a chair for studying.

After checking out the whole room, I decided to buy some groceries. I locked the door and coincidentally found Kakashi doing the same. “Are you going out?” I asked.

“Going to buy some groceries,” he mumbled but I could still hear it. I smiled, “What a coincidence! Me too! Let’s go together then.”

“N-alright,” he was about to say no but gave up after seeing me give the puppy dog face. “Yay!” I cheered as I pulled his hand going out of the building. I started running with Kakashi being helplessly dragged around.

We stopped in front of the grocery store and I took some baskets for me and Kakashi. I handed one basket to him and he thanked me. We went together to the vegetable and fruit section first and then the meat section. An few minutes passed and we were in the Food Seasoning section.

“I’m going to buy some seasonings, please wait for a minute,” I said to Kakashi. He nodded so I proceeded to get some. We soon finished and as I was paying for my groceries, Kakashi asked, “What are you going to cook?”

“Oh? I’m going to cook salt-broiled saury and miso soup with eggplant,” I answered. He soon had a look on his face that he wanted to eat it but I pretended not to notice and asked, “Want to have dinner at my place? It’ll be my treat.”

Kakashi gulped and thought for a minute. “If it’s alright with you,” he said.

“It’s decided then,” I said with a faint blush on my cheeks. You couldn’t see it even if you tried concentrating but it was there.

Kakashi paid for his groceries and helped me carry some of mine. He dropped his groceries in his room before entering my room.

I took out the needed ingredients and started cooking. The scent of the food could be smelled and Kakashi offered some help but I declined saying that he was the guest and I was the host for this evening’s dinner. Kakashi reluctantly agreed and watched me cook.

Minutes later the food was done and I presented it to him. He smiled and was about to pull down his mask so that he could eat but remembered that I was in front of him. “I’m sorry but could you…” He started saying but I raised my hand to stop him.

“No need,” I suddenly held out a blindfold, “I can eat with a blindfold on.”

I tied the blindfold to my eyes and then took my chopsticks. “Itadakimasu!” We both said before we dug in the food. I could sense Kakashi smiling. “Did you like the food?” I asked.

He nodded and said, “Yeah, you’re actually a pretty good cook for your age.” I thanked him for the complement and soon it was safe to remove my blindfold.

“How long have you been able to eat with a blindfold on?” Kakashi asked. “It was for my training actually, hmm…around the time I was five, I think.” I answered casually with a shrug.

Kakashi sweatdropped at my answer. I gave him a smile and noticed him hiding his face slightly. Did I do something wrong? I thought. Ah! Maybe he has to leave already!

"Oi Kakashi-kun, do you need to leave already?" I asked and he nodded so I let him. He left and I had a small smile on my face.

It was time for him to remember…soon…