Ch.14: A Tool Called "Shinobi"

Tsubame’s POV

We were close to the bridge now when I’ve suddenly felt a huge group of unknown chakra signatures, I narrowed my eyes and stopped. Naruto noticed this and stopped on a branch that was a couple of meters ahead of me.

He turned his head and asked, “Tsubame-chan, why did you stop? We need to hurry up!” I shook my head. “Naruto-kun, go ahead first…I need to take care of something.” I said in a bitter voice. Naruto didn’t notice this and nodded his head saying ‘good luck’ to me as he started jumping away.

I sighed and jumped towards the area where I could sense the chakra signatures. I hid behind the tree before looking at what was going on, there were a lot of different kinds of thugs and a small man whom I assumed was Gatou.

I growled. He must be planning something, I’ll need to find out what… I thought. I waited for him to finish speaking and he soon left with a big group before I transformed into my yokai form but hid my ears and tails and then wore my fox mask. I jumped down and the remaining people from the group silenced; they were clearly wondering, what was a young woman like me was doing here?

I brought out a scarlet fan and walked into the midst of the group. They started shouting at me.

“LET’S KILL HER!”

“SHE MUST BE A TOTAL FOOL TO GO AGAINST THESE KINDS OF NUMBERS!”

“YEAH!”

“SHE’S A NICE PIECE OF MEAT, AIN’T SHE BOYS?”

The last comment made me want to gag but I held it off. At least they couldn’t see my face. I smirked behind the mask and shouted back, “IF YOU WANT ME, COME AND GET ME!”

They started charging at me with their weapons.  As I was about to be hit, I jumped up high and landed on one of the thugs’ head. He toppled back and forth and tried to attack but I jumped once again and he hit himself thus knocking himself out cold.

I landed on top of another one’s head and in result he knocked himself out again just like the first guy. I did this until there were only five people left. They all shouted at me, “Don’t think we’re like those guys! We’re even better than them! Don’t underestimate us! We are the Demon Sisters!”

“Oh?” I questioned.

They all brought out their weapons, three of them disappeared while the two who didn’t threw shurikens at me. I used my fan to block it skillfully. “You think you can defeat us? We’ve killed many people just to test our strength!” They said as the three appeared behind me and used their katanas to try to slash me.

My face darkened as I dodged. “You think killing people is nothing?” I asked feeling bloodthirsty all of a sudden.

Suddenly multiple kunai were thrown at me. “Yes! Killing them was fun!” Voices came from above, I looked up and saw the other two with grins on their faces. I did a simple Kawarimi no jutsu. I appeared behind the three and slashed them with my swords.

They bled and fell to the ground. The two other Demon sisters lost their cool and charged me head on, I paid no heed to that as I placed the sword in a ‘draw’ stance and started charging at the both of them.

“Shigure Soen Ryu, The Eighth Offensive Form: Shinotsuku Ame,” [1] I said as I slashed around them.  They fell both to the ground bleeding badly.

One was trying to reach me with her hand in a feeble way. I let out my bloodthirsty aura making her eyes go wide with shock and fear. 

How boring, you can’t even defeat me with that kind of sword fighting. You shall be removed from this world, scum.” I said in a dead-toned voice before killing her. I removed my fox mask and returned it where it came from.