Ch.10: I'm Back

Tsubame’s POV

I left Zabuza’s hideout and transported myself to the middle of the forest. There, I returned to my human form then meditated and concentrated searching for Kakashi’s chakra signature. Soon I got a clear picture where I should be headed to and transported myself in front of Tazuna’s house.

I knocked and the door opened to reveal a young woman with long dark blue hair, she was wearing a light pink shirt. She looked at me and asked curiously, “Hello dear, how may I help you? Are you lost?”

I shook my head and said, “I’m looking for Kakashi-kun and his team, I know that they’re in there.” Pending dots appeared above and the young woman thought until it got into her head, “Oh! You mean them! They’re in here, just about to sleep dear. I’ll call them for you.”

I sweatdropped as the young woman called, “Kakashi-san! There’s a young girl looking for you!” Kakashi soon appeared wearing crutches and called back, “What is it Tsunami-san?”

He soon saw me and his eyes widened, “T-Tsubame?” he asked.

I grinned and then asked the young woman her name. “My name is Tsunami and I am the daughter of Tazuna.” She said in a bright and cheery voice.

“My name is Hayashi Tsubame, it’s very nice to meet you Tsunami.” I said and bowed before entering the house. I walked towards Kakashi and smiled, “Hi Kakashi-kun!”

He sighed and proceeded to walk towards his room upstairs however, he was having difficulty climbing the stairs due to his crutches. I decided to help him………but secretly of course! I waited for Tsunami to enter the room then once she went inside, I knocked Kakashi out.

He started to fall backwards but I caught him with my nine tails, I was still in my human form but his weight to me was very light. I jumped towards the second floor and scented for Kakashi’s room, I looked behind me and Kakashi remained unconscious.

I entered the room stealthily and quietly and then sat down on the floor, leaving Kakashi comfortably laying on my tails. The tails were naturally soft and comfortable to rest on. I’ve never let anyone rest on my tails before but Kakashi was a special case, it was because he was my beloved master.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kakashi’s POV

I woke up but my eyesight was a bit blurry and all I could see was a person with white hair and somewhat crimson red eyes staring at me. I closed my eyes again and then opened it but this time I saw Tsubame staring at me with a delighted face.

I immediately touched my face to check if my mask was on and thankfully, it was. Tsubame simply smiled and greeted me a ‘good morning’ before walking towards my bag and brought out some clothes. She handed me the clothes and bowed and then left the room.

I tilted my head a bit and thought, what was Tsubame doing inside my room?

I started to get up expecting sore muscles but it never came, instead, I felt relieved and relaxed like a slept on the most comfortable bed on earth but that was impossible. Unless…I tested out the futon for softness but it was just the usual softness. How did that happen?

I sighed and just let the question off my mind. Then I started dressing up and then took the crutches before I walked downstairs.

Tsubame’s POV

Kakashi came down looking relaxed, I smiled internally. At least I managed to make Kakashi-kun feel comfortable last night.

I was currently helping Tsunami make breakfast and hummed a happy tune. Tsunami noticed this and spoke,”Tsubame-chan, you seem happy. Did something good happen to you?”

“Nothing Tsunami-san, I just feel happy today.” I said in reply. She just nodded her head before putting the food on the table.

Kakashi sat down and then said to me with his famous eye-closed smile, “Tsubame, just because you got kidnapped doesn’t mean you get to skip out on training the three had yesterday.”  

I gave him a calm smile rivaling his and replied with confidence, “It’s fine Kakashi-kun, just tell me what training it is.”

He sat down and answered me, “It’s training for chakra control. Currently, Sakura is doing better than Naruto and Sasuke so I’ll be sending her to guard Tazuna later.”

“Oh? That seems a little easy Kakashi,” I grinned deviously.

“After I see if you can actually do it,” Kakashi spoke back.

My profound hearing caught a small sound meaning that someone was close to waking up, I gave a innocent smile to Kakashi. He narrowed his eyes and gave me a questioning look.

“You know Kakashi-kun, someone’s bound to wake up soon and they might see what you’re hiding under that mask of yours.” I said slyly.

His visible eye widened and he immediately pulled down his mask just as the same time as Tsunami came but I dragged her back to the kitchen to prevent her from seeing Kakashi’s face.

Minutes later, I sensed that Kakashi finished eating so I motioned Tsunami to come with me and together we went back to the table. The three of them including Tazuna and a little boy with spiky black hair and dark-coloured eyes. He was wearing a green jumpsuit with a yellow shirt and a simple pair of sandals. On top of his head was a blue and white striped hat.

I whispered to Tsunami, “Who is that?”

She smiled and whispered back, “His name is Inari and he’s my son. He might seem a little difficult but please don’t judge him, he’s been through a lot.”

I smiled back at her to let her know that I would. Inari stared at me from behind Tazuna, he pointed at me rudely. “Who is that grandpa?” he asked.

“My name is Tsubame, kid.” I spoke brightly. He ignored me and I smirked slightly.

~Timeskip~

“NE KAKASHI-KUN! I TOLD YOU I COULD DO IT!” I shouted at him from being on top of the tree. All Kakashi could do was stare at me with wide eyes together with Naruto and Sasuke. Naruto grew angry and irritated by the looks of it, even Sasuke but it was barely visible.

“THAT’S NOT FAIR TSUBAME-CHAN! HOW DID YOU DO IT?” Naruto shouted at me. I jumped down from the tree and landed on the ground gracefully. I covered my mouth with my fingers to keep in the giggles but I couldn’t and burst out laughing.  

“Easy! It’s...a…SECRET!” I said and the two of them except Kakashi deadpanned at me. I suddenly ran off going back to the house while shouting at them, “I’m going back now! Work hard!”

A frustrated scream could be heard from a distance.

“DAMN IT TSUBAME-CHAN!”

The shout obviously came from Naruto but I didn’t stop running.