Ch.33: The Beginning of a Journey

Third POV

Uchiha Itachi gulped. He was feeling something right now but refused to show it on his expressionless facade. He was feeling...what would you call it? Ah, you mean fear.

This young woman...who was staring at him with her bloody red eyes frightened him. Her thirst for blood was strong and it could be felt in the air. He needed to escape with his partner, his mission was not over yet and it wouldn't be good if he died here.

"Kisame," he whispered to his partner. "We need to get out of here. She is powerful..."

"What's with you Itachi? My Samehada can absorb her chakra anyways, she'll be weak in no time." The blue shark-like man replied.

"No," he insisted. "She'll compromise our mission if we don't escape right now."

"Alright."

Meanwhile on the opposing side....

Asuma, Gai and Kurenai were watching as the unknown young silver haired woman appeared and seemed to have aided them. They were quite surprised when she just suddenly appeared out of the blue. She even helped transport their comrade to the hospital.

As her killing intent was suddenly let out, they felt like collapsing under sheer terror. She was no ordinary kunoichi, they all thought.

"For making Kakashi-sama suffer...you shall suffer as well Uchiha Itachi..." She spoke in a dark and threatening tone. Her nine tails grew in size and headed towards them.

"Die."

Most of her tails were headed towards the two enemy nin while the other three covered the three Konoha nin, making them start to struggle. "Cease your useless struggling...this is for your own protection.." She told them and they had no choice but to stop moving.

The three Konoha nin watched as the strange kunoichi used her "tails" to try to subdue the enemy nin. They watched as it managed to capture Itachi but it was only for a short little while before he used his Sharingan and burned her tails with black flames.

Tsubame gritted her teeth in pain and had no choice but to release him. She took out her katana and sakura petals bursted forth, heading for the Uchiha. He was knocked to the water, only above it for now due to his chakra.

She immediately body flickered on top of him with her katana ready to stab him but he flashed his Sharingan once again and she had to move back.

"Dammit," she muttered and made a downward slash. Petals bursted out once more and headed for him. He jumped up to dodge but some managed to reach him. He was surprised to find his cloak a bit shredded.

He dropped to the water once again and narrowed his red eyes.

She went towards him again in a flash but was intercepted by Kisame, he caught her arm and threw her to the side.  She got back up and clicked her tongue in annoyance.

She made a Seal of Confrontation, charging up chakra and in an instant, released it with fiery breath. The flame was very strong, lucklily for the the two enemy nin, they escaped with minor burns.

Tsubame felt very angry and charged up chakra concetrated only in her hand and then released it by punching the ground - correction, water. It erupted, going up in the air. Slowly at the same time, she released her tails from the Konoha nin and body flickered away. The water cam crashing down and they were soaked wet.

"Great, now I'm wet!" Kurenai muttered in annoyance.

Tsubame's POV

I knocked on the door to Kakashi's apartment room. He was on the bed with the three Jonin watching over him. "Kakashi..." I murmured.

I went over towards him and kneeled down, holding his hand tightly in my own.

Soon, Sasuke appeared and was questioning what happened to Kakashi. All of a sudden, an idiotic ninja came running asking whether Uchiha Itachi came back and was looking for Naruto. I mentally facepalmed.

Sasuke immediately ran out and I knew he was going to look for Itachi and Naruto. I got up and followed after Gai who went out. "I'll come with you Gai, is it alright?" I asked. He grinned.

"Only if you can catch up with me!" He then sped up.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Gai threw a kunai to the wall and shouted. "DYNAMIC ENTRY!" I came following after. The bowl cut haired man had kicked Jiraiya to the floor by accident, I couldn't help but giggle.

Naruto finally noticed me and pointed at me in response. "Tsubame-chan! You're here!"

After that short commotion, Jiraiya narrowed his eyes at Gai. "You...didn't do it on purpose?" Gai explained what happened and the Toad Sage reluclantly accepted his apology. He noticed me and had a perverted grin on his face.

"Who might you be prettly lady?"

"My name is Hayashi Tsubame," I introduced myself with a respectful bow. "It is nice to meet another one of the legendary Sannin, the Toad Sage, Jiraiya-san."

"Haha...you flatter me so..." He said and then paused for a moment.

"Wait, you said another one of the legendary Sannin...Who else did you meet?" He asked me.

"His name is Orochimaru, I met him in the Forest of Death together with my team during the Chuunin Exams." I answered him.

"I see..."

"Anyway! Let's get Sasuke to the hospital!" Gai suddenly shouted. I shook my head. "I'm sorry Gai but I decided that I will join Jiraiya and Naruto to find Tsunade for now. Please go on ahead and please take care of Kakashi."

"Okay! I shall take care of Kakashi with the POWER OF MY YOUTH!!!" He shouted enthusiastically and then ran off.

"Yes! A cutie is gonna join us Naruto!" Jiraiya cheered enthusiastically. I let out a small smile appear on my face and then we headed off.

Let's hope we''ll find her soon... I thought.