Ch.39: The Mission to Retrieve Uchiha Sasuke

Third POV

"Damn, it's already four in the morning," a masculine voice was heard in the still-empty street. It had come from a familiar spiky black haired and black eyed man who was known as Hagane Kotetsu. He was seen together with his fellow Chunin ninja and best friend named Kamizuki Izumo. 

Kotetsu sighed in annoyance as he walked together with Izumo headed to the Hokage Tower while carryng a huge stack of paper. "The Fifth is pretty harsh to use people...the documents she forgot...she could have at least done it herself..."  He  complained. He stopped as soon as he saw a young pink haired girl sleeping on the bench.

"What's wrong?" Izumo asked, puzzled by why his friend suddenly stopped.

"Hey, Wake up! If you sleep at a place like this, you might catch a cold." Kotetsu called to the young girl.

She slowly opened her emerald green eyes as she was remembering what had transpired last night. Her eyes widened in realization and she immediately sat upright. "Sasuke-kun!" She called out. This was Haruno Sakura, a genin member of Team 7.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The scene changed and it was now set in the Hokage's office. A blonde haired woman was currently sleeping on her table filled with papers. She woke up as she heard the knocking on the door. The door opened to reveal Kotetsu and Izumo with more papers. She greeted them a little cheerfully.

"Ah! The Fifth! You were just sleeping now, weren't you? You made us get those documents while you slept?!" Kotetsu said angrily.

"Anyway, Hokage-sama..." Izumo interrupted. "There is news I'd like to report."

"What is it?..." Lady Tsunade asked as she wiped the drool off her chin. They explained to her what Sakura had told them. Her reaction was to be expected, it was shock. Her face suddenly changed as if she was dnow determined about something.

"Izumo, Kotetsu, there is someone I would like for you two to bring to me..." She said.

From afar, a young black haired lady watched. She was wearing a black kimono as if she came from a funeral. The sun's rays casted a shadow over her face. As if in a flicker of light, her form momentarily changed into an entirely different one. One that had hair as white as snow and eyes as red as scarlet. White fox ears and nine tails that appeared behind her but it disappeared as soon as it came.

Her name was Hayashi Tsubame or others know as...

Koyuki...

There was a an all-knowing smile on her face as she placed a finger over her mouth as if she was asking someone to keep a secret. "It has started..." She murmured. "...I suppose I'll have to do something..."

She turned around and in the blink of an eye, she had disappeared.

*~*~*~*~*~*~

In the Nara household, they were currently having their breakfast. A young boy by the name of Shikamaru yawned quite loudly. He seemed to be still quite sleepy.

"You had better eat your breakfast too! As of today, your dad has a mission too!" His mother appeared and immediately said to him.

"There's not much time this morning for training, you know!!" His father said gleefully.

"Yeah, yeah..." Shikamaru drawled out.

"One 'yeah' is enough!!" His mother said and he had a scrunched up face like he was really annoyed which was quite true in fact though. The doorbell suddenly rang and his mother went to go get it.

As soon as she was out of earshot, Shikamaru went to whisper to his dad. "Hey dad." 

"Yes?" His father replied.

"Why did you ever marry such a strict woman?"

"..."

His father began to explain to him though it was overly short and simple. He felt annoyed again. His mother suddenly appeared and she said that some messengers from the Hokage had arrived. He immediately changed and went with them.

The Hokage soon explained Sasuke's disappearance and Shikamaru was in fact surprised by the reason the Uchiha had left. Lady Tsunade gave him his first mission which was to bring Sasuke back to the village.

Shikamaru had asked for a team of Jonin and Chunin though it was not permitted due to the fact that the others were busy.

He was in big trouble now.

He was given a total of thirty minutes to gather a team of Genin. He was about to set off when Lady Tsunade decided to suggest one worthy Genin to join his team. It turned out to be the loud blonde haired and blue-eyed kid known as Uzumaki Naruto.

Naruto was also surprised by the news once he received it. He quickly changed and together they went off to search for other Genins. All in all, they managed to gather Chouji, Kiba and Akamaru, and the last but not the least, Neji. Lee had wanted to join but he was still prohibited.

They had a short meeting and Shikamaru managed to swiftly create a good formation. The Genins started to acknowledge him as a Chunin of the Leaf. Neji told them to take out their weapons, seeing that it was the last thing they needed to do. They finished quite quickly and were about to leave when they were stopped by Sakura with Tsubame right behind her.

Shikamaru said that he had heard the story from Lady Tsunade and apologized that he wouldn't be able to bring her along. He told her tht her job was done since even she wasn't able to convince Sasuke.

Sakura began to cry and desperately begged Naruto to bring Sasuke back  to which he promised whole-heartedly. He was slightly sad that she truly liked his rival but decided to do his best for her.

Tsubame approached him and gave a pat on his shoulders. "I don't know whether you'll succeed or not but do your best . Stay safe and alive, good luck..." She said and they were off.