sept

🍦

the blonde looked out his window that had dried drops of rain on it. his blue eyes looked at the environment.

there were many shops and people walking around town. he smiled at a couple hands. "that's what me and cally do"

liz looked ahead, she just hummed and nodded. they were heading to his dads house. his dad was married to another woman and she had a son named ashton.

liz was planning on just dropping him off, and thats what she did.

"daddy!!!" luke ran to his dad and jumped into his arms. "hey, champ, how are you??"

"good! mommy bought me a toy!"

he brought him in and took his spiderman backpack. he closed the door and put his backpack in ashton's room.

🍦

luke and ashton were playing with the building wooden blocks. they were chipped a little and had dirt on them, but they had wide smiles plastered on their faces so obviously that didn't matter.

"lucas you're fun!!" ashton shouted.

"me fun?"

ashton nodded. "i have friends, but my dad said they come over too often..."

"like playdates?!"

"yeah! he said we make too much noise. it's jamie's fault! he's always yelling and crying"

ashton was older than luke. three whole years older.

"you so cool!" luke stared at him with wide eyes. ashton giggled and nodded.

they finished building and they called the adults over to see.

"wow!!! you guys built that!!!" they faked enthusiasm.

"yeah!!!!!!!!!!" ashton laughed clapping along with the adults.

"i wish you were my brother! we would have so much fun!" luke screeched.

"well, me and your mommy were actually talking about me getting full custody...that means i would have you more than mommy. she could still visit, but you would live here"

luke gasped, "really!!??"

"yeah! but you'd have to move...would you be okay with that? some little birdy told me you have a best friend"

"well...i do...his name is calum and he has these big eyes that you can never say no to!! and he has the smallest and most softest hands!! and he has the mostest prettiest smile! and he's fun! and funny! he good hugger too!!"

"well...i'll just let you think about it, alright?"

luke nodded feeling an uneasy feeling in his stomach. new school. new friends.

🍦

"no!" calum grew angry drawing attention.

"calum, shhh! we still visit each other"

calum's big brown eyes filled with tears and he put his head down in his hands.

"cally...no cry...please...i will have a brother! and he's nice! i know you will miss me, but i thought it over and i think..."

calum lifted his head up and wiped his eyes, "okay...i'm sorry for being selfish. but i'm gonna miss lukey"

"and i'll miss you" luke wiped his doe eyes. he pecked his lips and gave him a hug.

liz didn't see this because she was getting them ice cream but joy did. "umm, luke?" she walked up to them and kneeled down on the poky mulch.

"yes mama hood?" he detached himself from calum to look in her eyes.

"if you kiss around liz, she'll get angry, just don't do it around her okay?"

"kiss? what's that?"

"you just touched your lips with calum. that's a kiss. you know, when you were little you kissed your mom-"

"now i'm in the first grade!"

"yep, you're a big boy now. so...just be wary of your mom okay?"

calum had the biggest pout while looking down at his hands. "calum cheer up, liz is getting you some ice cream." he just nodded sniffling softly.

"i'm sorry calum. calum are you okay?" he scooted closer to him, whispering. he leaned his head down to try and get calum to look in his eyes, but he wouldn't. "calum.." he grabbed his hands and brushed his thumb across his soft skin. "cally, are you alright?"

joy smiled and walked away giving the 6/7 year olds their privacy.

🍦

"i never seen him so sad...i want to have play with ashy but i'll miss calum, and he'll miss me" luke frowned.

"i get it champ!"

luke smiled showing the baby teeth he had.