dix-sept

🍦

the two sat on the park bench feeding the ducks. "my mum tells me that the ducks will be able to grow bigger than me if you feed them too much."calum smiled showing his white teeth.

luke continued to throw bread out for the multi-colored birds. the two boys were etching closer to the end of seventh grade year and calum was planning on going to london for his summer vacation, but little lucas did not like this idea. "how long?" the blonde pouted.

"my mum says 6 weeks...then she has to go back to work." calum spoke softly. he stopped throwing the pieces of bread and picked up a stick and started to kill ants with it.

"I guess we have to head home, eh?" luke let out a shaky sigh wrapping the bread bag up. they got off the bench and walked to their respective houses.

+

the two sat on the floor of luke's room watching t.v. luke bit his lip and looked at calum from the corner of his eye. "who are you planning on going to the spring fling with?" luke asked nonchalantly.

"there's this girl becky in my gym and art class and she smells like flowers." calum smiled.

"oh. you asked her already?" luke asked turning to his best friend.

calum turned towards him with a frown. "no..not yet."

"why?" the blonde asked.

"don't know how to dance." calum mumbled before turning his head.

luke smiled, "i can teach you," he looked into calum's eyes when he turned his head, "if you want."

"yes please!" calum smiled nodding.

luke stood up and pulled the raven haired boy up as well. he smiled placing his hand on calum's small waist and fished for his hand. cal let lucas intertwine their fingers and placed his hand on luke's small shoulder.

"now, look at me." luke said softly. calum looked into the cerulean eyes that belonged to luke.

cal smiled softly, "hey."

"hi." luke whispered. "follow my lead, okay?"

cal nodded and looked down at his shaky feet.

"hey."

calum bit his plump bottom red lip and looked into his best friends eyes. "i'm sorry."

luke gave him a small smile and began to dance, moving left and right. he let cal look down at their feet and he occasionally glanced up smiling widely.

they stopped dancing and collapsed on the bed. they breathed heavily. "thanks, lukey!!! that was so much funnn!!" calum laughed moving on top of the blonde.

calum giggled and mumbled onto luke's shirt, "Do you want me to get off?"

luke moved his hands onto calum's waist sighing into cal's shoulder. "no."

calum smiled laughing silently, laying his ear on luke's small chest. "good. i wasn't planning on getting up."

🍦

calum whispered to himself and took a deep breath walking up to the dark skinned girl. "hi becky."

she snickered and turned around raising an eyebrow. "yes?"

"u-um, i wanted to ask..i wanted to ask if you wanted to go with me, to the spring fling dance!" calum shut his eyes tightly.

"sure, whateves"

he squealed, "seriously??!"

she nodded walking away. he continued to smile all day and ate his peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a buoyant mood.

🍦

calum had a dark blue dress shirt on and slacks. he sat in the kitchen and nervously tapped his foot on his tile.

three round pills were on a napkin next to room temperature water. he sighed and placed the pills in his hand and swallowed them down with the water. he knew the pills made him normal.

"you ready, bub?" his dad asked him. cal nodded and they went into the car.

-

"your momma is still sleeping so i had to drive you."

calum nodded.

"she'll have to pick you up because i have work." his dad explained what cal already knew. they arrived at the school and the boy got out going into the school building.

the music was loud and the familiar tune of wobble was blasting. drinks were being served and he looked towards the entrance and smiled seeing becky. his smile quickly disappeared seeing her with another guy.

he walked up to her with tears burning in his doe eyes. "what's this?? we were supposed to go together..!"

"ooh, hah, i thought you were joking around. you think i would go with you? please, get out of my face. you're disgusting. i don't understand why you even have friends." she said walking away with her new date.

he stares at the wall with his eyes blown wide and his mouth open. tears spilled out his eyes and he quickly ran away.

-

the small boy sniffled and was sat on the small swing on his front porch. the tears never stopped so he hugged the fluffy blue blanket to his chest. when he got home he took a shower and put pajamas on. he refused to talk to anyone and his mom was extremely worried. cal looked at the dark sky that didn't quite have stars out yet.

joy kept calling liz but she wasn't picking up. "come on, liz." she whispered dialing woman's number again. this time liz did pick up.

yes?

calum isn't feeling well...

what's wrong?

can you drive luke here? his date stood him up...

liz sighed on the phone and apologized to joy and agreed.

🍦

luke rushed out his car and walked up to his best friend. "cally!!"

calum looked up and saw a worried expression painted on his best friends face. "h-hi."

"are you alright?"

liz walked into the house giving the 12 year old boys space.

he sat next to him grabbing his hand and intertwining their hands. "are you alright, calum?"

cal sniffled and rested his head on luke's shoulder. luke used his right hand to soothe him. he placed it on his cheek and brushed his thumb across the soft skin. "she's a mean girl for doing that to you. you're amazing."

calum smiled sadly. "thank you, luke."

luke looked down at calum and moved his head up. he placed his lips on his. they moved together slowly. they disconnected their lips slowly and calum's tears stopped.

"thank you." calum said sighing and placing his head back on his shoulder.

luke smiled softly.

liz and joy looked at each other with shocked faces. "that wasn't a normal calum and luke kiss..." liz announced.

joy sighed. "let's just let that slide, alright? calm down, liz."

🍦🍦

i did a long one because i haven't updated in a while.