treize

🍭

"no, calum! you added two to the tree!"

"oops" calum smiled erasing his past answer. "what are you going to get me for my birthday, lukey poo?"

"shh! it surprise, cally" luke shook his arms.

calum giggled re-doing his problem. "hehehe, okay." calum kissed luke's cheek feeling the heat on luke's cheek a second later.

calum was turning 9 next thursday and wouldn't stop talking about it. "i'm getting older!! soon i'll be a teenager!! so cool!!!"

luke crossed his arms angrily. "no fair!"

"don't worry young boy, you'll get to be like moi one day." calum gave luke his paper, "is it right?"

"yeah!"

"yay!" calum cheered, "break time, break time!!"

they climbed on the bed and turned the tv on. "ooh, lilo and stitch"

"haha, that show funny" calum spoke grabbing a pillow and hugging it close to him.

"c'mere" luke whispered to calum holding his arms out. calum smiled and collapsed in luke's arms. luke held his arms tightly around calum.

"i love luke cuddles, they're so nice and warm and huggy"

luke giggled.

🍰

calum was about to cry not seeing the blonde. "h-he-bu-b-but he promised!" tears fell down his chubby cheeks and his bottom lip trembled and more tears escaped.

"no, calum don't cry on your birthday! you're not supposed to cry on your birthday"

he began to wail loudly.

the doorbell rang and joy asked one of the moms to get it so she could comfort her son.

"why is my cally crying?! no! calum! no crying on birthdays!" luke spoke standing at the door.

"lukey!!!!" calum smiled widely and ran to him. luke dropped the present on the ground as cal jumped in his arms. "i thought you wouldn't come so i cried"

luke rubbed his back calming the older boy. "i wouldn't do that, i would never, i love you too much"

joy touched her heart as the two boys clasped onto each other like their life depended on it. liz just picked up the present and set it on the gift table.

as she looked back, luke was whispering in cal's ear worried and rubbing his back softly. she saw that he even kissed his cheek a few times.

joy raised her eyebrows at liz and smiled, "he really loves calum, huh?" liz asked.

joy nodded, "yeah. calum really loves luke as well...listen liz, whatever happens, don't keep your son away from mine, and i won't keep my son away from yours. it breaks their heart not to be together"

"he already has that possessive..." she stopped midway tears forming in her eyes, "joy...he already has that look"

joy sighed, "i've seen it..."

"and you're okay with that?" liz frowned.

"what can i do? i'm not stopping them from being happy. if it just so happens that they have a relationship in the future, i'll support it" liz wiped her eyes and the two boys finally let go. "aww, he's so worried." joy smiled.

"are you okay?" luke whispered to calum. cal smiled softly and nodded. "come on." luke took his hand and they walked into the play room playing with the blocks.

they exchanged smiles, glances, and kisses.

"the other moms are looking at them in disgust" liz looked nervous.

"why-" joy was stopped midway by a parent.

"have you told them that's wrong? you've told them that right? not the fact that they're boys but the fact that they're too young!" the mom uttered.

joy smiled, "they barely know how to kiss, and they don't know what getting horny is"

the mom left and eyed the two sitting on the carpet.

+

luke and calum sat on cal's bed alone. "i wanted to give you my present in private"

cal smiled and quickly opened it, "you're giving me, whisky?" he stared at the penguin with wide eyes.

"well, yeah"

"but you love whiskey, he's your favorite-"

"and i love you, and you're my favorite" luke smiled.

"aww" calum blushed. he let go of the penguin and hugged luke.

"i love you, calum" luke said softly holding his best friends waist. "like a lot"

"i love you too, lukey," calum smiled burying his nose in his neck, "like a lot"