dix-neuf

🍦 

calum sniffled and wiped his chocolate doe eyes dry, but the tears kept rolling down his chubby cheeks. he also refused to go to school and to take his meds.

the paper towel that held the pills sat on the table in front of him. "cally, come on, just make new friends!" joy smiled.

"no! i want luke!" the 14 year old boy pouted holding his penguin: whiskey, close to his chest.

the phone blared making calum jump a little bit and tears welled up in his eyes, and his bottom lip trembled.

joy sighed and picked up the house phone pulling it to her soft tan ear. "yes. okay. yeah, i'll bring him to the phone."

joy handed her son the phone, and he held the phone in his small hands. "h-hello?"

"ca-calum? it's me lukey.." luke said over the phone. cal could tell his best friend was also crying.

"you left me.."

"i didn't want to baby i swear! mommy made me!" luke pouted across the phone line.

"i know." calum whispered sniffling softly. "how's your new house?"

"i met someone...she's really cool actually. her name is azaza."

"cooler than me?"

luke shook his head but cal couldn't see, "never..no one could be more perfect and prettier than you, calum."

"no one could be more prettier, smarter, and funnier than you, lu lu." calum smiled sadly.

"i think i like azaza. she's smart, funny, cool and pretty! she reminds me of you..." luke smiled.

calum curled the phone cord around his small tan finger. "what's the difference between me and her?"

"...she's not you." luke sighed.

calum's belly just released millions of butterflies and his tears were no longer. "you like me more than her??!"

"the only reason i like  her is because she reminds me of you.." luke answered.

"i'm irresistible huh??" calum gloated smiling.

🍦 

"lukey!!!!" calum leaped out the car and ran to the blonde who was also running to him.

"come here!" luke yelled. calum jumped in his arms and squealed loudly. luke held his waist digging his pale nose in his tan warm neck. "i missed you so much."

"i missed you too, lucas!! so much!!!" calum tighten his arms around his neck smelling his irish spring soap.

+

the two were cuddled together in luke's spider-man covers. calum's arms were tight around luke's waist and luke's arms were wrapped around calum's neck. his nose was breathing in the reminiscence of the dove shampoo that was applied to calum's hair.

"i love you, calum. if i could stay with you i would do it in a heart beat." luke whispered to his long term best friend.

"i love you too, luke. if i could stay with you, i would do it in a heart beat." calum repeated smiling, but he meant it as well.

luke kissed his hair and whispered the three words again this time adding, so much.

calum got butterflies and giggled and blushed. he turned his head so his ear rested on luke's small chest. what they didn't know is that a certain mom was listening.

-

the two boys hugged at the door as joy sat in her red van waiting on her son. "come on, calum! you have football practice at four!" joy yelled when she rolled down the window.

they separated and both had tears in their eyes. luke cupped cal's cheeks and wiped away at the salty tears. "stay awesome for me, alright?"

calum nodded.

luke's eyes moved down to his lips, and he leaned down and connected their lips. azaza was watching from her doorstep and growled going back into her house. their lips moved slowly against each other and liz huffed. she felt uncomfortable watching her son kiss another woman's son.

luke's small hand moved down to calum's small curve in his waist, and the other hand rested on his small hip. cal smiled into the kiss and put his arms around his neck digging them into his hair. they finally moved apart, their lips making a pop sound.

luke bopped his friends nose with his pale finger and allowed him to run back to his car with his cheeks blown red. he turned to his mom as their red van drove away. he leaned back on the door with a goofy smile. "you liked that huh?" liz asked with her eyebrows raised.

luke laughed nervously, "nah, it was just a friendly kiss. all the cool kids are doing it."

"d-do you..like..c-calum?" she asked.

"no." he answered quickly rubbing his arm. "wh-why would i? s'not like he's amazing o-or anything..."

"good! i can set up a date with you and azaza!!" she cheered with a big smile on her face.

"i-i was actually planning on..umm..going somewhere with cal this weekend..joy said she can pay for it. and cal agreed so, no."

"where?"

"dave&busters, but only me and him.."

"oh. "

"yeah...will you help me get ready for it?" luke asked. "i don't even know what to wear!"

liz huffed. "okay, lucas. but this is just two friends hanging out right?"

"of course!" luke laughed running to his room.

🍦

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER YASSSS OH MY GOD...I WONDER HOW LONG THEIR AGE SHOULD GO UP...WHAT DO YOU GUYS RECOMMEND?