One Shot # 4 - After the Sumptuous Lunch

The show was over, they were back at Broadway backstage. Food was on the long table but Maine wasn't hungry. So many thoughts were going through her head; that heart-stopping hug, the almost-kiss, the waltz-turned-sexy dance, who was she kidding? Her thoughts were all about him! She felt her face turning red at the thought of that almost-kiss. What was he thinking? Why did he tease her this way? But more importantly, why did she let him do these things to her?

She felt a hand rub her back gently. "Hey, you ok? Alden asked, looking at her with those puppy eyes. Damn those eyes, they always get her in trouble. It seems like he sees through her, knows her innermost thoughts. She jerked away from his hand, fanning herself.

"I'm fine, no worries." She tried to appear cool and composed.

"Sure ka? May joke ako," He said playfully, with a naughty grin. Ugh, Lord help me, she sighed inwardly.

"Not now, ok?" She said snappishly, changing his look from naughty to puzzled.

He withdrew his hand and got their clipboards. It was a ritual carried over from the split screen broadcast. Whenever they discussed touchy subjects, they used fansigns to communicate, even when they were together. Alden began writing and lifted his board for her to see.

"Let me guess what you're thinking. You're wondering about the hug, the dance and the almost-kiss."

Arghhh, he can read her like a book. She wrote back. "I know ma'am Jenny allows us liberties to execute the script, but didn't you go a little overboard kanina? Why did you do those things?"

"Did I offend you? I'm sorry, it won't happen again." He looked at her, suddenly unsure of himself. The question is, did she want him to stop? Honestly, no. But man, she was currently the queen of bad judgement where he was concerned.

He moved closer to her and leaned his head on her shoulder. She began writing again.

"How's your knee?" He slipped while he was carrying her earlier, and while it gave them both a good laugh, she was worried.

"Forget about my knee," He said with a sigh. Raising his head, he looked at her, his face too close. "One day. One day, I will get to do those things with you without a camera, just the two of us. I'll make sure you won't complain. Tutuloy ko na yung kiss."

Before she could even reply, he pinched her nose lightly and walked away. Looking back at her, he winked, gave her the siomai sign with his left hand.

She smiled like an idiot.

Note:

Photo is from @aldenrichards02 Instagram account.