One Shot #18 - Deja Vu

I always wondered how  Alden acts now with any of the women who were linked to him before.  It must be difficult trying to avoid being talked about negatively while wanting to do the right thing, especially if  doing so might affect the relationship you waited so long for to happen. So here's a shot at imagining what will happen if a former close friend reaches out to him. This was a challenge to write because I know so many fans have been bashing her and I would like to give an objective account of what might happen so that readers won't be influenced to bash either her or Alden. So reminder, this is just a figment of my fertile imagination, don't bash them please. Hope you enjoy this story nonetheless :)

There must be a good reason that you're gone

Every now and then I think you

Might want me to come show up at your door

But I'm just too afraid that I'll be wrong

Don't wanna know

If you're looking into her eyes

If she's holding onto you so tight the way I did before

I overdosed

Should've known your love was a game

Now I can't get you out of my brain

Oh, it's such a shame

That we don't talk anymore.....

-Excerpt from Charlie Puth's song "We Don't Talk Anymore"

Sunday Pinasaya rehearsals finished early. Alden slapped a high five with Jerald and the other dancers, glad that they finished earlier than expected.

"Ang bilis nakuha routines, palibhasa may lakad," Jerald poked Alden in his midsection.

"Wag kang ano, Je. Mabilis talaga ako maka-memorize kasi inspired ako." His eyes disappeared as he smiled ear to ear, his dimples deepening.

"Yaaan, sige laglag mo pa sarili mo. Maligo ka na nga, baka maamoy ka ni Mengay ang baho mo."

He gathered his things and headed for the shower, sending a text message to Maine that his rehearsal finished early. She was picking him up for a change, since he sent his driver on an errand for his grandfather and instructed him to follow wherever he and Maine decided to go.

He finished getting ready hurriedly to avoid being teased by Maine for his vanity. He was smiling as he walked out of the male shower room of the studio and was surprised to see who was waiting for him.

"Hi Den," She said with a tentative smile. She ran a hand through her hair self-consciously as she stood up from the couch in the waiting lounge. She looked around as if to check if people were looking at them. "Do you have time to talk? Kahit sandali lang."

He motioned towards the rehearsal room and together they entered to avoid being ogled at. If anyone saw them talking and shared a photo or video on Twitter, the media would surely have a heyday reporting about this.

"Jules what is it? I have to be somewhere in a little while." He said uneasily, looking at his watch.

"Uhhh Den, con-congrats on the quadruple platinum award..." She said, her voice sounding wobbly.

"Thanks Jules, but I'm sure you didn't risk being seen with me just to congratulate me. May problema ba," He asked, noticing how emotional she was.