Chapter 24 - YES

Photo Credit : Screen grab from youtube account 24 Oras

Managed to write a one-shot in the midst of all the excitement. My MaiChard heart is so happy with what happened today in Kalye Serye. I feel that parts of their words came from the heart and their reactions were organic. 

I wish these two special people happiness, tons of it. They've come a long way, they went through so many challenges in just one year, but I like to believe they let love triumph. Hope you'll like this short fic, just paying homage to a beautiful unfolding of hopefully a better Kalye Serye.

Please feel free to comment lovies. Enjoy :)

Jenny and Maine were reviewing the script before Eat Bulaga goes on air. It was a continuity script, with just guides for dialogues, everything was open-ended. No one knew how today's episode would end, not even Jenny herself.

"Paano na Ma'am Jenny? Anong sasabihin ko pag tinanong na ko ni Alden mamaya?"

"It's up to you Maine, I'm giving you the leeway to answer the question any way you want."

"Akong bahala? Paano na po magiging takbo ng storya?"

"Maine, since day one, kilala mo ko diba? I always strive for organic reactions. So the writers and I will take our cue from what you will say. Kung oo, eh di oo. Kung hindi, ok rin, eh di hindi. Ikaw ang bahala."

"Ang laki naman ng responsibility ko po. Baka mamya wrong decision yung piliin ko."

"Ganyan talaga ang buhay, Maine. You have to choose, and think really hard para kung sakaling tingin ng iba mali ang decision mo, kaya mo siyang panindigan because you thought it over. Basta, ikaw lang makakaalam ng sagot, kahit si Alden hindi dapat alam. Sige, get ready and good luck."

She went to her dressing room to get ready but her glam team was help up by traffic. She started choosing what to wear for today's 59th Weeksary Celebration. There was a knock on the door and Alden peeked from outside. He walked in, kissing her on the check and hugging her close.

"Ready na for later, bibi?"

"Ready na. Pero kinakabahan ako eh."

"Huwag kang kabahan, go with the flow lang. Alam mo na ba isasagot sakin?" He joked with a smile, but his eyes seemed to tell a different story. For a moment they just looked at each other, lost in each other's gaze.

"Ok ka lang ba kahit ano isagot ko?"

"Siyempre gusto ko sagutin mo na si KS Alden. Kasi pag ginawa mo yun, we can finally be a little more relaxed. Yung script might require us to be together more. Yung mga bashing mababawasan na. Saka siyempre yung real fans natin sasaya. Matagal na nila hinintay ito eh."

"Pero hindi kaya may pressure for us to act in a certain way? Alam mo naman mga tao, lalo na bashers, napapaghalo nila real saka reel. You know that I want to keep what we have secret para may privacy tayo kahit konti."

"Babe kahit anong isagot mo sakin, may masasabi ang bashers. Just go with your gut feel, I'll understand. I trust you. I know you will choose well. By the way, thank you for clearing up the issue with Miggy. Nakakahiya rin naman sa kanya na nadadawit siya sa issues sa atin."

"Ang tagal na rin kasi. Ayoko na sana patulan eh but maybe if I said something, matatapos na hanash sa amin."

"I'll leave you to get ready. I love you Maine," He pulled her for a kiss, holding her close. She still could not say it, those three words he so longed to hear from her. But it was ok, he was willing to wait. She was worth all the trouble and the waiting.

-----

They were now on air, at the makeshift garden setting, seated across each other. Maine was still at a loss on how she would answer Alden once he delivers his crucial line.

"Mahal mo ba ko Maine?"

A montage of their oncam moments were shown. Their first meeting, when Maine went off-character because of Alden's presence on splitscreen with her. Alden, tearfully singing God Gave Me You live for the first time. Their first face-to-face encounter, snippets of sweet moments in past Kalye Serye episodes. The celebration of their first year as an Aldub Love Team.

"Mahal mo ba ko, Maine?" Alden asked one more time. He was looking at her with something akin to uncertainty and dread, once again wearing his heart on his sleeve.

The crowd was growing wild, people were screaming for fear the truck horn would signal another cliffhanger. Allan K was egging Maine on, to give her final answer once and for all. She looked at Alden's earnest face, a face she has grown to love so much. Right at this moment, his eyes were brimming with unshed tears, and all she wanted was to make him smile again, to dry those tears of uncertainty and assure him, he, Alden Richards is so loved by her.

"Oo Alden," She said with a smile, "Mahal din kita."

God Gave Me You played, and all hell broke loose. People screamed and cheered as Alden weakly went on his knees to hug her close. She got choked up with emotion, her tears fell as well. She felt a heavy burden lifted from her chest, the release was liberating. Alden went through so many challenges to make her happy. She now returned the favor, by affirming his love, saying those words he waited for, for so long. She meant those words. It was not KS Maine who admitted she loved him back.

"That was a brave thing to do," He whispered as he hugged her tightly. "Thank you."

"I meant it babe, that was me saying it," She whispered back.

Alden heard her sobbing softly. And yet, her hand was gently tapping his back, comforting him through this highly emotional moment, even as she was emotional herself.

It was a day of rejoicing for Aldub Nation.