Chapter 23 - LQ

I read in Twitter that the bibis were in LQ mode for a week already, since after the IYAM presscon. It saddens me whenever this happens, because I know they draw strength from each other and when LQs happen, it actually weakens them. I wondered what could have triggered the LQ, and since it happened after the presscon, I imagined it might have been triggered by something discussed during the presscon. 

Just a reminder, this is FICTION. I have no idea what they disagreed about, or if they even disagreed at all. But I believe the nice thing about LQs is making up after, and hopefully, the mending makes the relationship stronger.

Hope you like this quick fic, feel free to leave a comment. Enjoy :)

"I love you." 

He whispered to her ear after an earnest kiss on her temple, in the midst of screaming fans, the bright lights and dabarkads around them.

"Thank you." 

She whispered back, tentatively leaning towards him as he hugged her. Not the response he expected, her eyes still looked sad, and she did not hug him back.

He remembered her speech, thanking everybody, except him. That stung, but he understood. Maine was as transparent as they come, she always had trouble hiding her true feelings. He liked that about her, he preferred her transparency as opposed to looking perfectly ok while the cameras rolled, only to bitch at him behind the scenes. But it hurt that she thanked him later, only as an afterthought.

He missed her badly. Five days without communication; no facetime, text or calls, not even a measly tweet indirectly meant for each other passed between them. It felt like forever but he refused to break the silence, not out of pride but more of a reality check for them both. He also needed the time to think.

There were so many things coming in between them. The bashers, still intent on destroying both of them and what they had together, relentlessly continued to hurl insults at them on social media. The problems between their opposing managements sometimes drove a wedge between them, as they were innocent pawns caught in the crossfire. What little time they had together was marred by short tempers resulting from lack of sleep and exhaustion, thus angry exchanges ensued.

"Pwede ba tayo mag-usap?" He asked, as they walked backstage, after taking selfies with the fans. Maine merely nodded, her eyes averted, refusing to look at him. His hand was on the small of her rigid back, which tensed all the more at his touch. He led her to one of the dressing rooms, pulling out one of the chairs for her to sit on.

"Hindi ako magtatagal ha, inaantay ako nina Tatay at Nanay," She said, her eyes on the floor. He took another chair and positioned it in front of her.

"Maine, hanggang kelan mo ba ko titiisin?" He lifted her chin to make eye contact with her. She looked stubbornly down, like a defiant kid, the cleft on her chin now prominent with the firm set of her mouth. Goodness, he badly wanted to kiss that stubborn mouth, but he controlled himself, wanting fix the rift between them.

"Five days, love. Natiis mo ko ng limang araw. Ang sakit ha, kaya mo pala akong tiisin."

"Hindi ka rin naman tumawag eh."

"If I remember correctly, you told me not to call you. Sabi mo you needed time to think."

"Maski na. Di ka tumawag, eh di ibig sabihin kaya mo rin ako tiisin."

"Ha?? Teka, teka, I just gave you space kasi sabi mo wag kita tawagan. Ngayon ako pa pala masama?"

"Ok, so sino masama, ako? Hindi ka na nga sumama sa Hong Kong, ni paramdam wala rin. Dumating at dumating ako, wala pa ring tawag at all."