One Shot #19 - Carpe Diem

Photo Credit : http://defatch.com/diamond-ring-for-engagement/canary-diamond-engagement-rings-harry-winston/

Like other fans, I dream of one day seeing Alden and Maine walk down the aisle to exchange vows of forever. But I also respect that it's their decision to make, their lives to lead, and reality may be different from what is real. So for now, let's just imagine that they are actually a step away from taking the plunge, and Alden is waiting for Maine to tell him to put that E-gift on her finger. 

Will it be a happy ending or a tragic one? Please read on. I encourage you to read till the end, to appreciate the story. Would love to hear from you, please feel free to leave a comment or tweet me via #19CarpeDiem. Enjoy! :) 

It was the weekend after Alden's successful concert at the Ynares Center. People were all excited because of rumors that Maine was at the concert incognito. Video clips of Maine in a black track suit walking quickly towards the exit of the venue spread quickly in Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Photos of a chopper landing on a rooftop somewhere with Maine as its alleged passenger also added fuel to the fire. All in all, it was a happy weekend for Aldub nation.

But Maine knew that the fans were waiting for something from her and Alden. Their sweetness on-cam and off-cam was undeniable, fans were happy with the latest videos and photos taken of them while they were in Boracay, Dakak and Clark. Some fans respected their privacy and assured them that a confirmation on the true status of their relationship was unnecessary, because their actions spoke volumes already.

But more than the fans, Maine knew that she owed Alden a confirmation on her true feelings. Alden, or RJ was so important to her, her beacon in this dark world of showbiz. He guided her throughout her journey, patiently walking her through the joys and pains of being a celebrity. He never ever considered being threatened by her success, never competed with her popularity. A rare gem of a man who also happened to be in love with her.

Sometimes the depth of his love scares her, because she wonders if she could ever match his selflessness. After all this time, she finally decided to put an end to RJ's waiting and settle the score between them. She checks her watch before pressing his number on her speed dial list. Sunday Pinasaya was on its last few minutes, they could meet up at her condo to talk.

"Babe, hi." His voice was a bit breathless, but she could almost see him smiling.

"How are you babe? Tired?"

"Not really, why?"

"I need to talk to you about something. Would you have time?"

"Of course I do, love. Where do you want to go?"

"Condo na lang, I'll be there in an hour."

"Is something wrong babe? You sound nervous."

"RJ, stop worrying about me. Later na lang, ok?"

"OK, laters baby," He said with a laugh. It was private joke between them, his reference to Christian Grey of the Fifty Shades novel.

The hour passed by quickly, Maine arrived earlier than planned at the condo. She took a quick shower and changed into a light yellow button down shirt dress. Putting her still damp hair up in a messy bun, she applied some berry lip tint and surveyed herself in the mirror. Except for her eyebags, she looked ok.

Maine took a deep breath to settle her nervousness. What she was about to do scared her, but she needed to do it. She reached into her bag for the small square gift RJ gave on her birthday, the E-gift everyone speculated about. It was still unopened, so many times she was tempted to open it but denied herself the pleasure of knowing what was inside.