One Shot #16 - Mr. Brightside

Hi everyone, here's a story with a third party twist - starring the guy we are all afraid of.  I was so affected by the Jake story arc on Kalyeserye, such that I got scared everytime Lola Nidora's phone rang. But one of my readers, lololouisaa, requested for a story showcasing Alden's "seloso" factor, preferably with Jake as the third party. It was a challenge I apprehensively accepted, and here's the result. 

Please do not hesitate to comment and share your ideas, I look forward to writing stories you request. Hope we can chat too, you can follow me on Twitter @Forever_Rimaine, or email me at mavrecinto@gmail.com. Hope you enjoy the story as I did while I was writing it :)

Photo Credit : Airbnb Eddie Lee's Account

 I just can't look its killing me

And taking control

Jealousy, turning saints into the sea

Swimming through sick lullabies

Choking on your alibis

But it's just the price I pay

Destiny is calling me

Open up my eager eyes

Cause I'm Mr Brightside.

-Excerpt from  the song "Mr. BrightSide" by The Killers

It was their first trip out of the country together. Alden wanted a trip back to Japan with Maine but it was cherry blossom season, all flights were fully booked. Since he didn't want to waste the rare opportunity of spending two full days with her, he grabbed what was available, two days with her in Singapore.

Due to a concert engagement in Canada, he had to settle for flying to Singapore and meeting her here. Much as he wanted to fly to Manila first so they could take the plane ride to Singapore together, they both agreed to meet in Singapore to make the most out of the free time they had until Easter Sunday. Thank God Sunday Pinasaya's Easter show was taped.

It was almost ten in the morning. He was waiting in the visitor's lounge of Changi Airport for Maine, who texted that she was just going through immigration. A few Filipinos were ogling at him, some approached to have a picture with him which he obliged. Finally, he saw her running towards him, all smiles, looking sexy in her striped knit dress and sneakers. In a rare show of affection, Maine hugged him and kissed his cheek despite the onlookers. The click of mobile phones documenting their brief PDA did not bother them as they even obliged a few photos and waved goodbye to the fans.

"Miss mo ko, no?" Alden asked smugly. He liked teasing her because she was such a tease herself.

"Ang yabang natin ha," She said pushing him playfully. He pulled her by the shoulder, hugging her to him and kissing her temple. He pulled her luggage along as he kept her close to his side, then opened the door of a cab for her to get in.

"So what's in store for us today?" She asked with an excited smile.

"Mmmm, ganda ng accommodations natin eh, do you really want to go out?" He winked and raised his eyebrows at her suggestively.

"RJ, umayos ka ha, kakarating ko lang." He continued to stare at her intently, knowing how uncomfortable it made her. Even after being a couple for a few months, his stare always got her undone. He ran a hand down her arm, leering at her playfully. He felt her goosebumps rise and smirked with satisfaction. She slapped his hand away.