One Shot # 21 - Kuya

Photo Credit : Maine's Snapchat Post

Ok, I will admit, the caption of "annoying kuya" bothered me a little. Hahahaha. Far from being a one-sided fan, I so ship these two and I want them to end up together. I pray for them because I wish they'd realize how perfect for each other they are, and letting each other slip away would be a big mistake. 

But who are we to decide for them, right? If, just a big IF, they decide not to be together, what would the likely reason be? That's what this one shot is all about. Sometimes love is not enough, and sometimes, it's all that matters.

This is my first attempt at writing SPG so please be kind :) Hope you guys enjoy reading this. Please feel free to comment and share which parts you like best. Looking forward to reading your feedback :)

WARNING :  THIS STORY HAS SPG CONTENT BUT IS FICTIONAL, KATHANG ISIP LANG PO.

Alden took a last glance at the mirror and slicked back his hair, but changed his mind and let it hang in wisps from his forehead, the way Maine wanted it. Maine requested for dinner with him, just him, no fans, movie crew, co-stars.

Their days in Italy were almost over. Throughout their stay , they were always surrounded by people, much as he wanted to have quiet time with her alone, it was impossible with all the people who recognized them. Finally, she found a way to have this time with him and he was flattered that she took all this trouble to arrange everything.

He stepped out into the cold evening air, savoring the fresh smell of flowers and grass. Maine wanted dinner by the lake and there she was, waiting for him, dressed in a black pullover and jeans. Her hair was in a ponytail, her face devoid of make-up save for some lip gloss. His pace quickened, he just had to hug her close, smell her hair, kiss her cheek.

"Bango mo naman," She said appreciatively, squeezing his arm affectionately. With a last kiss on her forehead, they separated and sat across each other.

"Excited ka na umuwi?" He asked her in between bites of succulent prosciutto ham and Parmigiano Reggiano.

"Medyo. Pero ang sarap din dito eh, ang layo sa Manila. Ang babait ng tao, di magulo mga sasakyan sa daan. "

"Tutoo, pero wala eh, kailangan natin umuwi." His phone suddenly vibrated. His dad requested for a viber call after their dinner. He was about to put his phone down when he saw a notification from Snapchat, Maine's latest post.

It was a picture of him, Maine, Thiey and Leysam, captioned "annoying kuya + sibling goalz." He laughed at the caption.

"Napost mo na pala yung pic natin. Kuya talaga ha," He said smiling. He looked at her, expecting to see her smile or laugh at her own joke, but Maine stopped eating, looking uncomfortable. She avoided looking at him.

"Maine, what's wrong? Are you ok?" He stood up and was about to approach her, but she motioned for him to stay in his seat.

"Alden, I.........Please...." She faltered, grasping for words to say.

Alarm bells rang in his head. Why is she calling him Alden when they have progressed to RJ, Baby, Love? She was close to tears, choking on what she wanted to say.

"Baby, what is it?"

She stood up, walking away from the table and faced the lake. The moonlight cast a perfect silhouette of her slim frame, a moment he would have captured if it weren't for what she was going through right now.

"Maine, you're scaring me. Anong problema?"

He went to her and pulled her to him, attempting to hug her but she refused and pushed him away.